Main Menu

Courses in Other Wings

Started by davedove, October 13, 2006, 01:47:11 PM

davedove

Is there much hassle involved in taking courses in other wings?  For instance, I am in MD Wing and there is no upcoming SLS scheduled yet.  However, the PA Wing does have one scheduled next month.

I don't believe I want to go to that one yet, but I was just wondering.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Eclipse

Just send your app, w/ whatever required authorization is indicated and attend.

The only hassle will be travel, if any.

I encourage my people to try things in other states, if only for the different perspective.  NHQ will record attendance off the CAPF 11 by your CAPID, so
where you take a respective class should be a non-issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

ZigZag911

Quote from: davedove on October 13, 2006, 01:47:11 PM
Is there much hassle involved in taking courses in other wings?  For instance, I am in MD Wing and there is no upcoming SLS scheduled yet.  However, the PA Wing does have one scheduled next month.

Keep in mind that travel outside the Wing requires Wing CC approval.

For your situation, which involves travel from MER into NER, you also need Region CC OK.

flyguy06

Quote from: ZigZag911 on October 13, 2006, 05:02:53 PM
Quote from: davedove on October 13, 2006, 01:47:11 PM

Keep in mind that travel outside the Wing requires Wing CC approval.

For your situation, which involves travel from MER into NER, you also need Region CC OK.

I have never heard that travelling outside your wing requires WIng CC approval. I know thatin order to FLY an aircraft utside your wing requires approval but if you are driving your own vehicle to an activity. I dont think it much matters. What reference is ths in?

arajca

Check with your wing and region to see if they have implemented such a policy. Many have, but it is not a CAP-wide policy.