Sage Green Fleece?

Started by JK657, October 26, 2009, 01:04:11 AM

Hawk200

Quote from: MIKE on November 02, 2009, 06:22:38 PMHe's talking CAP NCO.

I'm still missing something. Why pin insignia through a Velcro patch?

Stonewall

I think he's assuming that, as a Senior Member, CAP NCO (SSgt I believe), he would not be able to use the AF velcro rank tab, thus requiring he use the pin-on version of SSgt rank.

I'd just use the AF velcro one.
Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Quote from: Stonewall on November 02, 2009, 07:19:40 PMI think he's assuming that, as a Senior Member, CAP NCO (SSgt I believe), he would not be able to use the AF velcro rank tab, thus requiring he use the pin-on version of SSgt rank.

Oh, I see. That just didn't register when I was reading it.

Quote from: Stonewall on November 02, 2009, 07:19:40 PMI'd just use the AF velcro one.

If in the same position, so would I. I'd probably advocate it too, until such time as Vanguard made CAP specific ones available.

Considering that Congress is now getting involved in the "unified uniforms" issue, I wouldn't be surprised if development on a lot of ABU items for the Air Force or CAP is gonna stall in a year or two. It doesn't serve Vanguard's interests to produce items that would be shortlived.

RogueLeader

Hasn't stopped them yet.

Even the Army has Name on left and rank/army tape on the right side of the fleece.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

O-Rex

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 02, 2009, 07:23:37 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on November 02, 2009, 07:19:40 PMI think he's assuming that, as a Senior Member, CAP NCO (SSgt I believe), he would not be able to use the AF velcro rank tab, thus requiring he use the pin-on version of SSgt rank.

Quote from: Stonewall on November 02, 2009, 07:19:40 PMI'd just use the AF velcro one.

If in the same position, so would I. I'd probably advocate it too, until such time as Vanguard made CAP specific ones available.

Considering that Congress is now getting involved in the "unified uniforms" issue, I wouldn't be surprised if development on a lot of ABU items for the Air Force or CAP is gonna stall in a year or two. It doesn't serve Vanguard's interests to produce items that would be shortlived.

Anyone taking bets for multicam for all services by 2018???

Stonewall

There was another thread about a unified uniform (multi-cam).  On my blackberry so I can't search.

I say by 2012.
Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Quote from: Stonewall on November 05, 2009, 10:37:26 PM
There was another thread about a unified uniform (multi-cam).  On my blackberry so I can't search.

I say by 2012.

I'd buy that.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 06, 2009, 03:47:08 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on November 05, 2009, 10:37:26 PM

I say by 2012.

I'd buy that.

I'll let them issue it to me.  It's very expensive.  twice the cost of ACU/ABU's.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 06, 2009, 12:16:59 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on November 06, 2009, 03:47:08 AM
I'd buy that.

I'll let them issue it to me.  It's very expensive.  twice the cost of ACU/ABU's.

I don't think he meant that he would purchase them, but rather that he could see 2012 being a viable date for a uni-form for all services.
Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Quote from: Stonewall on November 06, 2009, 01:29:33 PMI don't think he meant that he would purchase them, but rather that he could see 2012 being a viable date for a uni-form for all services.

Correct.

RogueLeader

Sorry. I forgot the  ;)>:D ,or  :angel:

My bad . . . .  ;D ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

PHall

Quote from: O-Rex on November 05, 2009, 09:36:44 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on November 02, 2009, 07:23:37 PM

Anyone taking bets for multicam for all services by 2018???

Only after they blow a whole bunch on money making a digital version of Multicam. We can't be wearing "analog" uniforms! ;)

Stonewall

Quote from: Stonewall on October 26, 2009, 01:29:31 AM
I've got one and sewed sage/foliage velcro for a my embroidered foliage name tag. I did this before the recent uniform policy change. 

Just saw this and thought I'd share a pic of my unofficial AF fleece.

Since we are authorized to wear this as an outer garment, I think an embroidered name tag is in order...

Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Quote from: Stonewall on February 14, 2010, 03:10:10 PMSince we are authorized to wear this as an outer garment, I think an embroidered name tag is in order...
Doesn't look too bad. (As long as you pull off the right side Velcro  ;D )

flyguy06

Quote from: Stonewall on October 26, 2009, 01:29:31 AM
I've got one and sewed sage/foliage velcro for a my embroidered foliage name tag. I did this before the recent uniform policy change.  I just can't believe we can wear it without ID/rank.

My wife just got issued hers too, but no velcro.  She also got the new ABU gore-tex, which costs like $250.  The crappy thing is that you are required to wear your ABU blouse under the fleece.

The Army has had them for a while.

Stonewall

Quote from: Hawk200 on February 14, 2010, 08:18:27 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on February 14, 2010, 03:10:10 PMSince we are authorized to wear this as an outer garment, I think an embroidered name tag is in order...
Doesn't look too bad. (As long as you pull off the right side Velcro  ;D )

Yeah, but I'm going to have to take off my flight suit name tag velcro and sew on name tape size so I can wear it legally.

Serving since 1987.