Video makers for CAP usage.

Started by Hoorah, May 28, 2009, 01:30:42 AM

Hoorah

I am in need of a good video maker to use for CAP  official use.

Eeyore

In need of a videographer or video editing software?

Hoorah

whatevah

Just use Windows Movie Maker (included free with Windows XP) it has more features than you'll be able to use.    I use MainActor (no longer available) or Premiere when I'm working, but those are fairly complex.  Of course, nothing beats Final Cut Pro but you have to use a Mac for that. :)

As usual, google is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_editing_software
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

Windows XP and Vista come with Windows Movie Maker,  Macs have iMovie, generally both or either are more than enough for a CAP video.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hoorah

Quote from: whatevah on May 28, 2009, 01:53:32 AM
Just use Windows Movie Maker (included free with Windows XP) it has more features than you'll be able to use.    I use MainActor (no longer available) or Premiere when I'm working, but those are fairly complex.  Of course, nothing beats Final Cut Pro but you have to use a Mac for that. :)

As usual, google is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_editing_software
Do you have to have it on every computer to play or not for Windows Movie Maker?

whatevah

well, in order for the computer to play it, it must be on the computer somehow.  Either on a cd or downloaded or something.  However you won't need the editing software to play it after you export it into WMV or whatever format.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

and most computers come with the ability to produce a regular video DVD for your television, if not there's plenty of legit freeware to do it.

If you've got money to burn, though, Adobe Premiere rocks!

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

And don't go snarfing Scott Matthew's footage and passing it off as your own.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

pixelwonk

Further still, don't go snarfing anyone's stuff and passing it off as your own.

Hoorah

Quote from: tedda on May 28, 2009, 02:19:51 PM
I got permission for all.

Hoorah

I would post video only if I knew how to or if I am allowed to.

IceNine

Host it somewhere on the web like photobucket.  Then link to it here
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Hoorah

Quote from: IceNine on May 28, 2009, 05:06:39 PM
Host it somewhere on the web like photobucket.  Then link to it here
i will post a link soon.

Eclipse

You already have an account on Youtube, and they will do the flash encoding for you.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hoorah

Larry Mangum

-3 Music
-3 Content, ie.. not sure that the pictures really go with the title. 
-3 Pcitures seem to imply that we fly helicopters and C-130's
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

DC

Quote from: NIN on May 28, 2009, 02:32:22 AM
And don't go snarfing Scott Matthew's footage and passing it off as your own.
Your video takes the aforementioned individual's footage (and music...) and randomly splices them together from 2:12 onward...

Is there a theme to the first half? Its starts out seeming like ES (BTW: It's 'These things we do, that others may live.' The Pararescue motto, also sorta adopted by the CAP Rangers), but then there are the random pictures of Gen. Courter, the GLR patch, C-130s and the Blue Angels...

I'm not going to assign a rating to it, but there seems to be no overall message or point to it.

BrandonKea

You got permission from Godsmack to use one of their songs? That's impressive.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 03:01:19 PM
Quote from: tedda on May 28, 2009, 02:19:51 PM
I got permission for all.

So when you told us you "got permission for all", you mean you received permission to use the intellectual property of Civil Air Patrol, Inc., the CAP Historical Foundation, Scott Matthews, the United States Navy, Godsmack and everyone else's whose footage, content and photos you used?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP