Operations Officer

Started by Yoda, February 26, 2005, 05:24:32 PM

Yoda

I'm doing my Operations Officer SDA right now, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around this position.  Is the Ops officer senior to the ES Officer, Flight Ops, and Stan/Eval positions?  IOW, do those positions report to the Ops officer and the Ops officer is responsible for taking care of any position not filled?

The other thought I had was that perhaps the Ops officer isn't really a position so much as that Flight Ops, Stan/Eval, and ES are all different aspects of that position.

Where I'm driving at with this is that if you have the other three positions, I don't see why you would want an Ops officer except to coordinate the other three positions.  Another reason may be that in a smaller squadron, you don't have the manpower for all three positions, so you just appoint an Ops officer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yoda

Quote from: CAPR 20-1Operations Officer: Manages and directs all operations activities.
As a note, I think I'm correct in assuming the Ops officer essentially runs the other positions based upon the nature of the language used to describe the position.