New CAP Distinctive Uniform Poll

Started by Major_Chuck, April 02, 2006, 03:43:08 AM

What is your opinion of our new uniform?

Love it, wearing it now!
13 (26%)
It's okay but I don't plan to wear it.
12 (24%)
No Opinion
5 (10%)
Don't care for it but may wear it.
8 (16%)
Hate it!  Plain and simple.
12 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Major_Chuck

New CAP Distinctive Uniform.  It caught most of us off guard.  Initially I hated it but after seeing it on people that look better than the three NHQ types that modeled it,  I think it looks good.  Your opinon?
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pace

I still plan to wear blues as long as I can, but if I have to wear corporates I'd rather have this new uniform than that hideous gray pants version.
Lt Col, CAP

MIKE

My only issue with the uniform is the mixing of USAF uniform items with "civilian clothing" to create a CAP Distinctive Uniform... I want to hear what the USAF really thinks about this new uniform combination before I formulate an opinion of it.
Mike Johnston

Earhart1971

Could it be that the Air Force wants to ease CAP out of its uniform?

mawr

Quote from: MIKE on April 02, 2006, 04:13:09 AM
My only issue with the uniform is the mixing of USAF uniform items with "civilian clothing" to create a CAP Distinctive Uniform... I want to hear what the USAF really thinks about this new uniform combination before I formulate an opinion of it.

It was my understanding that the USAF had already weighed in and was OK with it.  But I've been wrong before.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

shorning

I think the NB is misguided.  I feel that uniform changes should be one of the last things they should be working on right now.  Hello...Nero?  Fiddle??  Never mind...

Any way, I can not wear the new uniform.

arajca

Quote from: Earhart1971 on April 02, 2006, 07:36:53 AM
Could it be that the Air Force wants to ease CAP out of its uniform?

How about CAP wants to edge SM's out of the AF blues? I have seen several SM's who have let their 'midsection management' slip, but still wear the AF blues. When I asked, I have been told 'I'm only a couple pounds over, no big deal'. To me it is a big deal. We already get 10% over AF standard. I think that more SM's would wear the corporate blues than the greys and help ease the transition. After all, they did mention a service coat for the corporate blues - down the road. Say March '07.

Monty

Quote from: MIKE on April 02, 2006, 04:13:09 AM

As friendly a tone as I can convey on the internet, it's okay to have an opinion regardless of somebody else's.

Even if the USAF hated it, you're still allowed to voice your thoughts.  If you dig it, you dig it - regardless of what "big brother" has to say.

Personally, as a good little officer/senior member...if the CAP folks decided it is legit (and I still am a card carrying member), then it is legit and I will obey those appointed over me (it was on my membership application to agree to do so.)

If they say "it's now off the list," then off it goes.  Either way, I implement...until I sit on the National Board, that is - ha ha!  :)

Other than that...it's "just clothes."  I've worn it and that's about as much attention to the matter as I'll give it.  More focus goes to my unit's looming inspection in 9 days....

Pace

Quote from: msmjr2003 on April 03, 2006, 05:19:19 AM
More focus goes to my unit's looming inspection in 9 days....
Good luck with that.  Inspections are nothing more than a glorified dog and pony show.
Lt Col, CAP

Monty

Quote from: dcpacemaker on April 03, 2006, 05:54:44 AM
Quote from: msmjr2003 on April 03, 2006, 05:19:19 AM
More focus goes to my unit's looming inspection in 9 days....
Good luck with that.  Inspections are nothing more than a glorified dog and pony show.

Thanks.  These things are old hat to me personally...plenty of USAF 'n CAP inspections in the past with which to compare.

Camas

I voted "OK but probably won't wear it".  I'm not sure if I'd have a chance to wear it much as I'm mostly in an aviator or blazer uniform along with blues on rare occasions.  Like most of us, I haven't seen the new uniform "in the flesh" but we have the Pacific Region conference coming up in Portland OR in a couple of weeks and, perhaps, we'll have the opportunity to see it then.
I do have a concern - the new nametag reportedly is coming out from various sources with different lettering.  I'd like to see if there's going to be a standard before I go out and buy one.

Major_Chuck

Interesting.  I'm not a pollster or professional talking head that reads polls but it is interesting (at least to me) to see how the cross section of a few people are split down the middle.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Camas on April 06, 2006, 02:46:56 AM
I voted "OK but probably won't wear it".  I'm not sure if I'd have a chance to wear it much as I'm mostly in an aviator or blazer uniform along with blues on rare occasions.  Like most of us, I haven't seen the new uniform "in the flesh" but we have the Pacific Region conference coming up in Portland OR in a couple of weeks and, perhaps, we'll have the opportunity to see it then.
I do have a concern - the new nametag reportedly is coming out from various sources with different lettering.  I'd like to see if there's going to be a standard before I go out and buy one.

My "blue" tame tag arrived today.    I don't know about it.  You are right, with multiple sources now we have multiple colors of blue to contend with.  Mine seems 'too light' in color.  May order one from another source just to compare.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Nick

It's okay, the Air Force vendors can't get it right either... half the AF nametags match the pants, the other are a happy medium between the shirt and pants... I give up in that respect too.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

shorning

Quote from: mclarty on April 09, 2006, 07:40:37 PM
It's okay, the Air Force vendors can't get it right either... half the AF nametags match the pants, the other are a happy medium between the shirt and pants... I give up in that respect too.

Really?  15 years in the AF this month and all my nametags match.  Well, there is a slight shade variance, but you really have to look to notice it. 

Major_Chuck

Congratulations on your 15 years of service and thank you as well.

The only problem with my name tags when I was on AF active duty is that sometimes the font sizes would be different.  Some tags where wide lettering, others skinny narrow ones.

-Chuck

Quote from: shorning on April 09, 2006, 08:09:02 PM
Quote from: mclarty on April 09, 2006, 07:40:37 PM

Really?  15 years in the AF this month and all my nametags match.  Well, there is a slight shade variance, but you really have to look to notice it. 
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

shorning

Quote from: Major_Chuck on April 10, 2006, 10:50:57 AM
The only problem with my name tags when I was on AF active duty is that sometimes the font sizes would be different.  Some tags where wide lettering, others skinny narrow ones.

Yep.  Lettering on some doesn't match others.  Big, small, wide, narrow...not too terribly bad.  I only wear one at a time, so it doesn't have to match anything.

Nick

The first Air Force nametag I ever got (12 years ago) has color that perfectly matches the AF trousers... and it's a matte finish.  It's the one I still use to this day.

But there are ones I've received since then (AFROTC issue, BMT issue, etc.) that are slightly lighter blue and have a glossy look to them.  Don't like 'em.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus