Tri-Wing Encampment Selection day

Started by Kerrbie, March 26, 2006, 05:07:32 AM

Al Sayre

It's easy, buy a full set of uniforms for you, your wife, your kid(s) and then start in on personal ES gear... :(
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

whatevah

sure, a senior could do that, but a cadet in one year? (assuming one year since he's been to an encampment and still a C/Amn)

maybe I'm just extra thrifty...  *looks in wallet... maybe not?*
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Al Sayre

You're right, even if the cadet is a fast  burner and bought his uniforms new, he'd still only end up around $600. (#%@% Lucky Cadets! >:D)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

elkorona

The Drill portion was just heinous.  Really, its not to hard to drill.   I just couldn't figure that out.

I did it on my own when I was a CAP cadet and now about 10-15hrs a week with Honor Guard at AFROTC.  Bleh.  It was atrocious...
Lt Col Elliott Korona, CAP
Deputy Director, Civic Leadership Academy

Horn229

Quote from: Gorfour20 on April 06, 2006, 03:13:30 PM
The Drill portion was just heinous.

Ya, I noticed that from where the inspections were, of course it was pretty obvious that something was wrong, when the flight was 70' from the pavement. :D ::)
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Kerrbie

sorry i exaggerated a bit. A hurry post again. We were on our way out to Annapolis. But i have spent a lot. 3 uniforms. A Parade/practice rifle. A set of dress blues. Plus a servius jacket and a Field jacket. Membership fee. Encampment fee. Then i spent about 500 on supplies for that. Along with new camping stuff for my 24/ 74 hr pack. Along with trips and stuff.

and I'm a girl... <.< >.>
(i just saw the he )
C/2nd Lt Katheryn Kerr, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, Group 2
Carroll Composite Squadron, MD Wing, MER

laurlaurforever

Aww...Kerr! You're so awesome i'm glad you're thinking good thought about the NCO academy! Lol...i personally know about 3/4 of the people going and i am also one of them so im happy!!   :) I'm looking forward to learning alot..i'll cya there!! Byess