Main Menu

New CAP Photo ID

Started by Pylon, February 21, 2005, 06:41:48 PM

arajca

Where did you get the minutes? The only thing posted is the agenda for the meeting.

But the latest design in shown. Unless they changed it again. ::)

abysmal

Quote from: md132 on August 18, 2005, 06:56:25 PM
Got it from the Aug 2005 NB minutes. 

Are the minutes published and available now?
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Mac

i was told about the new design while at NBB, and it is listed in the Aug 05 agenda. as we all know the minutes will be posted in about 4 months, as usual.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Major_Chuck

No, they'll beat the 4 month window this time.  I predict Three Months, 31 Days, 23 hours, and 55 seconds.

:)

CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

abysmal

Your just a born optomist!
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Mac

Quote from: Major_Chuck on August 18, 2005, 10:20:53 PM
No, they'll beat the 4 month window this time.  I predict Three Months, 31 Days, 23 hours, and 55 seconds.

:)

CC
Care to make a wager???    :D
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Major_Chuck

Tempting offer that wager.  The only thing I'll place Pylon's CAP paycheck on is that the minutes will be out sooner than the next CAPM 39-1.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on August 20, 2005, 03:30:55 AM
Tempting offer that wager.  The only thing I'll place Pylon's CAP paycheck on is that the minutes will be out sooner than the next CAPM 39-1.

Wait... why my CAP paycheck?   :o    You're a Major, you make at least 25% more than I do.    :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SarDragon

Quote from: Pylon on August 20, 2005, 05:32:54 PM

Wait... why my CAP paycheck?   :o    You're a Major, you make at least 25% more than I do.    :D
No, no, no. Every promotion increases your pay by a factor of 10, thus adding another zero on the right end (no decimal point).

2Lt = $0
1 Lt = $00
Capt = $000
Maj = $0000
and so on...
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Major_Chuck

It was my understanding that CAP provided a higher COLA in New York State then they do here in the South.   ;D

-cc

Quote from: Pylon on August 20, 2005, 05:32:54 PM

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

SarDragon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on August 21, 2005, 02:03:19 AM
It was my understanding that CAP provided a higher COLA in New York State then they do here in the South.   ;D

-cc

What, Coke instead of Pepsi? Or maybe Royal Crown?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

This Just In!

The ID card that CAP has been planning on and working on since it was approved by the NEC has been fully shot-down now by USAF.  Below is an excerpt from the full letter that was sent to NHQ from USAF:

CAP was prompted to come up with a new design.  So, they swiped Tedd Agnelo's stylized version of the CAP Command Shield (without asking), and drafted up this library card version instead:

There has been considerable discussion on CAPBlog and Civil Airman regarding these with many members being fairly vocal about the new, new proposed design.

BlueLakes1

I'm pretty sure that the NB axed this design as well.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

Pylon

Quote from: MCreedKY214 on August 22, 2005, 01:55:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that the NB axed this design as well.

*PHEW*

That was the sound of a resounding sigh of relief.  :)   ::)

I wonder what proposal will be next? 

Perhaps they could come up with a handful of designs and run a polling of the general membership as well as the USAF and CAP powers that be.  See what the various feelings are amongst the different groups for the designs and go from there.  At least that way everybody would have had their input.

pixelwonk

Well, for what it's worth, I sent a more contemporary version of the MAJCOM up the chain, and was informed by SER CC Col Sharkey today that he forwarded it to an NHQ staffer.

It's not a total card redesign, but hey, if they'd like to use my stuff, it might as well be my best stuff.  :)

Pylon

Quote from: tedda on August 23, 2005, 01:32:31 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I sent a more contemporary version of the MAJCOM up the chain, and was informed by SER CC Col Sharkey today that he forwarded it to an NHQ staffer.

It's not a total card redesign, but hey, if they'd like to use my stuff, it might as well be my best stuff.  :)

//image redacted//

You're so gracious to NHQ!

Who knows, maybe you'll be the designer of the ID card that thousands of CAP members will be carrying in their wallets for umpteen years.

;D

Major_Chuck

I sat in on the VAWG commanders briefing of the National Boards this evening.  Apparently whoever CAP had working the ID Card project was talking to the wrong people at the Pentagon. 

Back to square one.  National is looking at resubmitting a card design and in the meantime they may revamp our 'membership' card to provide a photo on it. 

Short term we may have a new Membership Card with photo and basic information or long term (1 1/2 years to two years) an I.D. Card.

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

whatevah

to keep things a little easier, I split the topic about us designing a mockup for the CAP Photo ID into it's own thread -> http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=397.0
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on August 23, 2005, 03:15:45 AM
I sat in on the VAWG commanders briefing of the National Boards this evening.  Apparently whoever CAP had working the ID Card project was talking to the wrong people at the Pentagon. 

Back to square one.  National is looking at resubmitting a card design and in the meantime they may revamp our 'membership' card to provide a photo on it. 

Short term we may have a new Membership Card with photo and basic information or long term (1 1/2 years to two years) an I.D. Card.

-CC

Isn't a membeship card with photo and basic information, in it's own right, an I.D. card?  What more would a basic ID card have that wouldn't be on a membership card + photo + info?

brasshat

>:(
Hell, I am going to just make my own styled after the cadic.

doc
Lt. Col. (Dr.) Dennis H. Chevalier, CAP
Texas Wing DPD-A
132121@txwgcap.org - (SECURE)
Hollywood@member.afa.org - (preferred)
888.867.9323 TX Wing Base/Office
817.992.8993 SAT-Mobile
817.370.7974 Home * (preferred)
775.320.4804 Personal color fax  Radio: (2 meter FM) TX CAP 61