Main Menu

New CAP Photo ID

Started by Pylon, February 21, 2005, 06:41:48 PM

Major_Chuck

I feel that this should be looked at as another positive step towards continued integration with the Air Force.  The Identification card will make it easier as well for interaction with other branches of the service as well as Federal and State agencies.

It is important to note that base commanders have always had the final say in who comes on their bases and I support that 100%.  We carry a responsibility as well to educate our local installation commanders on who we are;  what our missions are;  and why we would need access to their bases. 

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Greg on February 22, 2005, 11:11:25 PM
Quote from: Pylon on February 21, 2005, 06:41:48 PMThe ID is supposed to look something like this sample (minus the chip, plus the blue stripe):

Blue stripe  ???

I got this picture from a CAPblog(http://capblog.typepad.com/capblog/2005/03/cap_to_adopt_ne.html)

And here's your blue stripe....

...But it still has the Computer Chip.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: md132 on March 04, 2005, 01:06:52 PM
Quote from: Pylon on February 24, 2005, 12:42:13 AM
Very nice.

For everybody's enjoyment, here are the two proposed designs (which aren't much different from each other):

Seems like it'd be a confusing mess of who gets them and who doesn't at first, but I'm sure in a year or two it would work out and settle down to a very simple and clear pattern.

From the looks of it, the card also looks like the CAC (Common Access Card) that DoD, Army Civilians and AAFES employess also has. 

It's not just Army Civilians, it's all branches including their active duty, civillians, guard, reserve AND civllian contractors.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Nukem on April 14, 2005, 01:46:09 PM
Quote from: flying Raptor on April 14, 2005, 01:36:44 PM
Is there any chance that cadets could get these cards?

According to the NB minutes listed on e-services, this card will only be for senior members, but it may go to cadets sometime in the future, who knows.

Is there any way the Cadet Advisory Council could help?

arajca

Given the cost factor involved, CAC would not be able to effect a change in the policy until the program has been rolled out and active for some time. Even then, there will be a $4.00 per card cost to be considered.

Pylon

NCAC could certainly make the proposal to extend the ID issuing to cadets, but NHQ will most likely not be doing that just yet. It would be a waste of effort at this point and time.   The new ID cards are basically a pilot program as it stands now.  Not even all Senior Members will be getting them. 

NHQ would probably like to eventually be under a one-card system at some point, even if just for simplicity's sake.  So, I'd imagine that, yes, cadet cards are in the plans but not just yet.  They want to see how well the system works on a limited basis first, and I don't blame them.

For Cadets who have a particular need for CAP Photo ID, for some reason where a CAP membership card and a government-issued photo ID in conjunction will not suffice, CAP always has had a photo ID card (CAPF 19) that you can request with CAPF 19A and forward to your Wing HQ through proper channels.  It's no smart-chip card with holograms, but it is an official CAP-issued photo identification card.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JaL5597

Quote from: CALcadet144 on April 19, 2005, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: Nukem on April 14, 2005, 01:46:09 PM
Quote from: flying Raptor on April 14, 2005, 01:36:44 PM
Is there any chance that cadets could get these cards?

According to the NB minutes listed on e-services, this card will only be for senior members, but it may go to cadets sometime in the future, who knows.

Is there any way the Cadet Advisory Council could help?

How would CAC help?  Its already been stated that these new cards may become available to cadets in the future.

Pylon

Has anybody heard if these cards have hit the street yet?

In E-Services, there's now a link on the left hand side to order your photo ID.  When you click on it, it brings you to an order page which conjures up your E-Services photo as a preview, as well as asks for your address, contact info, and how many cards at $4 a piece you'd like to order.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fully work.  Once you click 'stumbit' it brings you to a nice error page. 

Anybody else given the new form a try?  A goof from IT way in advance, or are they going to start issuing soon?

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]

dwb

I'm guessing it was an IT goof.  Wouldn't be the first time a mysterious link appears in e-Services that isn't supposed to be there yet.

Major_Chuck

Look for it in October.  Probably an IT test to see if things work on their end.  There is still the whole production issue to work out logistically.

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Mac

I know the National Board Minuets said they would start this in Oct, and they must have realized they accidentally placed it on the e-services site, because its gone now.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

PhoenixRisen

When these did appear in e-Services, did they appear for evryone(Cadets & Seniors), or just Seniors?

Quote from: Pylon on April 29, 2005, 03:18:09 PM
Has anybody heard if these cards have hit the street yet?

In E-Services, there's now a link on the left hand side to order your photo ID.  When you click on it, it brings you to an order page which conjures up your E-Services photo as a preview, as well as asks for your address, contact info, and how many cards at $4 a piece you'd like to order.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fully work.  Once you click 'stumbit' it brings you to a nice error page. 

Anybody else given the new form a try?  A goof from IT way in advance, or are they going to start issuing soon?

arajca

Forget about it for now. It's been taken off. As mentioned above, it was probablt a goof on someone's part at National.

As for whether the card will be for everyone, the NEC said just for seniors. No cadets. That may change, but not for a couple years while they get all the bugs worked out.

brasshat

Any word on the new ID's since Feb.?

???
Lt. Col. (Dr.) Dennis H. Chevalier, CAP
Texas Wing DPD-A
132121@txwgcap.org - (SECURE)
Hollywood@member.afa.org - (preferred)
888.867.9323 TX Wing Base/Office
817.992.8993 SAT-Mobile
817.370.7974 Home * (preferred)
775.320.4804 Personal color fax  Radio: (2 meter FM) TX CAP 61

md132

Quote from: brasshat on June 16, 2005, 05:50:23 AM
Any word on the new ID's since Feb.?

???

According to CAP Knowlegdebase and e-services the pre-purchase and release date for the cards has been pushed back pending final AF approval.  So it may be after the projected 1 Oct 05 date.

abysmal

Somehow that comes as no surprise...
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

md132

No it definately is no surprise there.  The thing is I thought USAF approved the design months ago.

abysmal

They well might have approved of the "design" but that doesn't mean that they have signed off on the implementation of the card..
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Pylon

Hmm... I guess they're still stalling on this program.  Any new word on the street regarding the new cards?

md132

Got word that USAF did not approve the proposed design.  There is another design that they are proposing.  Got it from the Aug 2005 NB minutes.  There is a picture of the new proposed card.