Main Menu

Yaeger Award

Started by afgeo4, December 20, 2005, 05:02:16 AM

Major Carrales

Quote from: Robert Hartigan on March 04, 2007, 08:29:36 PM
Ohio seems to have its act together. I took the test 12/31/2006, (I actually took the test 9 years earlier but, the paper work got lost) and on Jan 13  2007, the certificate was processed. The local group commander presented the certificate to me 12 Feb 2007. I made a big deal out of it and sent a press release to all the newspapers. The presentation would have been as soon as Jan 15 but, I had scheduling conflicts and then the group commander's schedule conflicted so the first time we were able to meet was 12 Feb. Three weeks from test to credit by E-services is not bad. Sorry to hear that other are victims of lag.

Texas waits for the Start of the month to send this off.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Quote from: Becks on March 03, 2007, 11:42:19 PM
Finally got my certificate a full year late  :o

I only waited two and a half years.   :D

DNall

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 04, 2007, 08:44:12 PM
Texas waits for the Start of the month to send this off.
We have a new AEO, Maj Hokins moved on to be a Sq CC up the road from me, so I don't know what the new deal is. Forever they didn't issue cerificates cause their printer ate them, that's what they say anyway. Now uspposedly they have it together, but most of the requests get lost cause units don't know what they are supposed to do with them.

carnold1836

My Squadron had 6 Yeager Awards last year and all of the certificates were sent to our squadron CC in about a month. So no problems with how they are done in Texas.
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

RogueLeader

Quote from: Becks on March 03, 2007, 11:42:19 PM
Finally got my certificate a full year late  :o
I know a couple people who had to wait 2 1/2 years for theirs.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DeputyDog

I know this is a "dead" topic, but I think this is relevant.

I had a new(er) member complete the Yeager Award online just the other day. He told me on an ELT mission that he had finally done that Yeager Award test that I had been bugging him about a few days before.

I thought that was great, so I went to print out his completion certificate and get it mailed up to wing (I generally do that for all the members in my group...it's less of a hassle for them). Here's the great part...the actual award certificate (the CAPC 20) is now in the member information and test history, and the AEPSM completion now posts directly onto the member search report as soon as you complete it.

It apparently does not do that for members who took it awhile back. I am not sure when this changed, but now any member who does the Yeager online will get it posted directly. I am assuming there now does not need to be any reporting of this to the Wing DAE.

Al Sayre

If true then HOORAY! for the IT folks, that will save a lot of headaches for the DAE and Squadron Commanders trying to get their folks recognized.  However, until they actually change the regs and Certificate process, we will still have to send it to the DAE and wait for the Certificates.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

DeputyDog

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 24, 2007, 11:24:07 PM
However, until they actually change the regs and Certificate process, we will still have to send it to the DAE and wait for the Certificates.

The certificate posts in the Member Information and Test History in a pdf file. All you have to do is print it out on card stock.

Al Sayre

Is that the big certificate or the test completion certificate?
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

DeputyDog

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 25, 2007, 12:28:05 AM
Is that the big certificate or the test completion certificate?

The big certificate (the one with General Yeager's smiling face...the CAPC 20). When you go to get the test completion certificate, there is a pdf link at the bottom. When you click on that, it gives you the big certificate. It does that for everyone who has taken it online (even in the past).

For those who took it awhile back, it will not post to e-Services (meaning the AEPSM completion in the Training section of the Member Search Report). For those who took it recently (I'm not sure how recently), it will post to e-Services as soon as you take it.

Al Sayre

Then a big BRAVO ZULU to the IT and AE folks who did this, it will certainly reduce the number of disgruntled members... "I did that @#$%XXX@ test 3 months ago..."
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

acarlson

Quote from: DeputyDog on June 24, 2007, 11:19:06 PM
...Here's the great part...the actual award certificate (the CAPC 20) is now in the member information and test history, and the AEPSM completion now posts directly onto the member search report as soon as you complete it.

Waaahhhhh hooooie!!    :o ;D     it's about time!!  my unit commander is STILL waiting for her Yeager Cert... 2 years later... I scanned mine when it came and photoshoped her name & then-grade & date... so she could have hers posted with the rest of our (copies) in the Squadron "Wall of Fame"

Ou DAE is SOOO excited!!! 

oh yea... I forgot in my total excitement... It looks like the Yeager Cert.s show for all AEPSMs back thru 2006. ... but not before that ... the old ones are still for prior to that.

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

JC004

Quote from: acarlson on June 25, 2007, 08:34:10 PM
...Here's the great part...the actual award certificate (the CAPC 20) is now in the member information and test history, and the AEPSM completion now posts directly onto the member search report as soon as you complete it.

Waaahhhhh hooooie!!    :o ;D     it's about time!!  my unit commander is STILL waiting for her Yeager Cert... 2 years later... I scanned mine when it came and photoshoped her name & then-grade & date... so she could have hers posted with the rest of our (copies) in the Squadron "Wall of Fame"

oh yea... I forgot in my total excitement... It looks like the Yeager Cert.s show for all AEPSMs back thru 2006. ... but not before that ... the old ones are still for prior to that.

You dare circumvent our wing organizational system?!  The reeeeason that she didn't get it in any speedy fashion is to increase the prestige of this award.  Sheesh.

James Shaw

If anyone is interested I can print upto a 13X19 poster. If you would really like the large format I could print one up and you pay for the shipping. I dont have the PDF version. I did mine before it was online and have not seen this example.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Flying Pig

I must have lucked out.  I got my certificate back in about three weeks.  Ca Wing Grp 6.

acarlson

Quote from: JC004 on July 03, 2007, 01:19:13 AM
Quote from: acarlson on June 25, 2007, 08:34:10 PM

You dare circumvent our wing organizational system?!  The reeeeason that she didn't get it in any speedy fashion is to increase the prestige of this award.  Sheesh.

prestige ???  yeah right... that makes one prestigous award!   >:D
oh yeah, and btw she took her test in '04... so she didn't get it thru the upgrade either!  :'(

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
Doylestown PA

acarlson

HEY!  get back to work!!  that PAWG website is STILL not working right!!!  >:(

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
Doylestown PA

JC004

Quote from: acarlson on July 04, 2007, 01:25:37 AM

HEY!  get back to work!!  that PAWG website is STILL not working right!!!  >:(

Yea, well, I'm gonna up and retire from it if I continue to lack the stuff that I need from various key staff...Then I'm not suddenly responsible for doing their duties anymore...

flyguy06

It says you can take the Yeagar Award test online. I just left the CAP website and couldnt find the test. How do you get to it?

DeputyDog

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 04, 2007, 02:53:26 PM
It says you can take the Yeagar Award test online. I just left the CAP website and couldnt find the test. How do you get to it?

Click here: https://tests.cap.af.mil/ops/tests/default.cfm?Message=Ok&grp=ae&CFID=41101&CFTOKEN=76927385

It is in the drop-down box. Select either Yeager Award #1 or Yeager Award #2.