Started by whatevah, December 08, 2005, 06:25:52 PM

whatevah

http://level2.cap.gov/documents/2005_11_wear_of_American_flag.pdf

here's the text of the document...
Quote5 December 2005
MEMORANDUM FOR ALL CAP UNIT COMMANDERS
SUBJECT: Change to CAPM 39-1, Wear of the American Flag on BDUs and Field
Uniforms
1. Effective immediately cadet and senior members will wear the reverse American flag
on the right shoulder of the BDU and CAP distinctive field uniform. This 2” X 3” gold
reverse field flag will be worn centered, ½ inch below the shoulder seam on the right
sleeve. All patches previously authorized to be worn in this position will be removed.
The Development Committee has been tasked with recommending new placement
policy for these optional patches and the National Board is expected to act on their
recommendation at the winter meeting in March 2006. Members may begin wearing the
flag immediately but the mandatory wear date is 1 June 2006.
2. A formal change to CAPM 39-1, “CAP Uniforms,” will be forthcoming. If additional
information or assistance is required please call Membership Services at 877-227-9142.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Matt

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

flyguy06

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. All these dang uniform changes. First the Army does a total change im n look, now CAP is trying to be like the army. Where does it end???????

MIKE

Quote from: Matt on December 08, 2005, 07:06:41 PM
And from LEFT FIELD... CAP NHQ!

Nah... You are just not as informed as some of us.  ;D

Anyway... Here are some links so you can get yourself some.
Ranger Joe's
Brigade Quartermasters
US Cav
1800NAMETAPE.com
Mike Johnston

footballrun21

C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

MIKE

Quote from: flyguy06 on December 08, 2005, 07:53:30 PM
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. All these dang uniform changes. First the Army does a total change im n look, now CAP is trying to be like the army. Where does it end???????

Can I order my ACUs and black beanie now or what?  >:D

I can't figure why the USAF would approve it (if in fact they did).... Unless they are doing it too, which seems unlikely.
Mike Johnston

MIKE

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 08, 2005, 08:02:13 PM
does the Hock Shop sell 'em?

Not yet... Only sells the left shoulder one for the zoom bag. 
Mike Johnston

Matt

Quote from: MIKE on December 08, 2005, 08:02:56 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on December 08, 2005, 07:53:30 PM

Can I order my ACUs and black beanie now or what?  >:D

I can't figure why the USAF would approve it (if in fact they did).... Unless they are doing it too, which seems unlikely.

Well, if they're on the BDUs, I believe they have to, even if it comes out in memo format as it did.

What next though... Subdued Tapes? LMAO. :D

footballrun21

C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

MIKE

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 08, 2005, 08:33:14 PM
its supposed to be full color, right?

Affirmative.

I posted links to exactly what you will need a few posts up... Look there.

Mike Johnston

Chris Jacobs

I think i have an idea of why the Flag is reversed on the shoulder but i was wondering if any one knows for sure why we wear a reversed flag instead of a regular flag.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Chris Jacobs on December 09, 2005, 04:42:25 AM
I think i have an idea of why the Flag is reversed on the shoulder but i was wondering if any one knows for sure why we wear a reversed flag instead of a regular flag.

Proper flag etiquette. The stars lead the bars. Since it's on the right shoulder, the bars are in the front (hence, that would make it reversed). On the flight suit, it's on the left shoulder because it's not reversed (hence the stars are on the left again).

Chris Jacobs

Now that makes sense.  Thanks for helping the dumb Lt out on that one.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

Matt

Also, the other part is the fact that the stars on the blue background are closer to the heart... Something about loyalty.  My thought is the loyalty comes from one's heart or something.... *shrugs*

Pylon

Well, the General said it was coming and it came.

I just hope they further specify "full color" flag, because I can see some barracks-lawyering-cadets who will wear the DCU or BDU subdued flags and say the supplement doesn't indicate what color the flag should be.   :P

Oh well... another uniform change.  I'm going to adopt early just to get it out of the way.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NIN

Quote from: Pylon on December 09, 2005, 02:14:23 PM
Well, the General said it was coming and it came.

I just hope they further specify "full color" flag, because I can see some barracks-lawyering-cadets who will wear the DCU or BDU subdued flags and say the supplement doesn't indicate what color the flag should be.   :P

Oh well... another uniform change.  I'm going to adopt early just to get it out of the way.

www.militaryclothing.com

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

capchiro

I am not totally happy with this because I will now have to remove my radiological monotoring patch, which I have worked hard over the last thirty years to maintain.   The memo stated that they are trying to come up with someplace else for the right shoulder patch to go.  I wonder where that will be.  Probably not important to the big cheese since he doesn't have a RM patch or certification.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Matt

Well, since we're going Army, the location will probably be 1/2" below the flag.

Pylon

Quote from: Matt on December 09, 2005, 03:48:17 PM
Well, since we're going Army, the location will probably be 1/2" below the flag.

If we wear a patch under the flag, then the Army guys will think thats a unit we went into combat with...  based on how they wear their patches now.   :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Matt on December 09, 2005, 03:48:17 PM

On ACUs yes, but on the the BDU/DCU the flag is worn beneath the FWTS patch if worn.
Mike Johnston