Professional Development Credit for Prior Cadet Service

Started by mikeylikey, June 05, 2008, 04:34:40 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: CCSE on June 07, 2008, 06:08:04 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 05:37:17 AM
Hey CCSE.....don't try to help....you aren't.

You do not know me, you do not know my level of experience, and you do not know the positive impact I have had on one female who became an AF fighter pilot and two men who commission next month and will go to UPT soon after.  Therefore, your assertion is invalid.  Especially considering I have made only two posts in the entire thread thus far.

Sorry, but them's da rules.

Maybe if you had some experince as a Senior Member, then you would be of some help to this debate....but seeing as you are too busy to actually use your hard earned experince to help more cadets become AF officers.....
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Short Field

Just need to clear up some misconceptions.

1.  Granting equivlent PD credit for Seniors based on PME is not an option for local commanders.  It requires a request to National stating what the PME was and what PD requirement you want to credit it against.   National then approves or disapproves the request (based on what you are using) and enters it in your record.   The request does not have to go through the chain of command.  It is purely an administrative function and I have done a handful of them.

2. There is no PME substitute  for SLS, CLC, or UCC.

3.  In AFROTC, two additional weeks of summer camp satisfies the requirement for the first two years of AFROTC on campus.  Two weeks equals two years.  I personally knew of no AFROTC Cadets who attended summer camp that "washed out".  I am sure there were a few who couldn't pass the physical or had problems adjusting - but most wash outs were due to things like sneaking out and getting drunk or drug use.  It really isn't that hard.   Compared to basic training, it was a vacation.

I really don't care one way or another if a cadet gets credit in PD for his past achievements.  However, if a cadet is coming out of a Cadet Squadron, they would have a heck of a time understanding how a Senior Squadron works and could really use SLS.  Cadets in a Composite Squadron "might" know how things work for SM PD and advancement.  But if they have credit for it, their call if they want to attend.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eagle400

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 06:35:09 AM
Maybe if you had some experince as a Senior Member, then you would be of some help to this debate....

Not only do I know people with Senior Member experience, I also LIVE with one!

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 06:35:09 AMbut seeing as you are too busy to actually use your hard earned experince to help more cadets become AF officers.....

For the record, the positive influence I have had on the cadets I mentored and their subsequent successes in life is rock solid proof that I am an effective leader and that the CAP Cadet Program did NOT fail me.

Remember the saying, "The success of a leader is determined by the success of his people"?

It applies.

lordmonar

Quote from: CCSE on June 07, 2008, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 06:35:09 AM
Maybe if you had some experince as a Senior Member, then you would be of some help to this debate....

Not only do I know people with Senior Member experience, I also LIVE with one!

I live with a sales woman....does not mean I have any experince in sales.

Quote from: CCSE on June 07, 2008, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 06:35:09 AMbut seeing as you are too busy to actually use your hard earned experince to help more cadets become AF officers.....

For the record, the positive influence I have had on the cadets I mentored and their subsequent successes in life is rock solid proof that I am an effective leader and that the CAP Cadet Program did NOT fail me.

Remember the saying, "The success of a leader is determined by the success of his people"?

It applies.

And what have you done with that experince?  Nothing but bring down CAP just about every chance you get.   Stop sitting on your laurals and re-join and doing some real good.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mikeylikey

Quote from: Short Field on June 07, 2008, 07:47:28 AM
3.  In AFROTC, two additional weeks of summer camp satisfies the requirement for the first two years of AFROTC on campus.  Two weeks equals two years.  I personally knew of no AFROTC Cadets who attended summer camp that "washed out". 

Wow.  In Army ROTC if you want credit for the first two years of the program you have to go to Fort Knox for 5.2 weeks.  During that time you are treated like a basic trainee, with Drill SGTS controlling everything you do.  It is basically Basic Training compressed into five weeks.  You complete everything a basic trainee does in less time, plus added leadership events and classes (read lectures).  I have witnessed both AF and Army "summer camps", and have to say Army is much more physical, mentally demanding as well.  But, that is what differs between the two services, Army Officers are more likely to find themselves leading men an women in combat I suppose. 
What's up monkeys?

Eagle400

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 08:12:55 AM
I live with a sales woman....does not mean I have any experince in sales.

Not everything in life requires BTDT experience.

When I was in CAP, I worked with senior members on a regular basis.  There is no way I could have been oblivious to the senior member professional development program and how it works. 

I have also observed a Level I being conducted, for what it's worth.

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 08:12:55 AMAnd what have you done with that experince?

Let's see...

• I work at a Law Office and help people on a regular basis

• I am active in my church

• I am an Organizational Leadership major with a 3.0 GPA

• I continue to support those who have taught me how to be an effective leader

• I support the military and all servicemembers, both veteran and non-veteran alike

• I have spent time in the West Bank of Israel (Bethlehem), armed with only a pen and a pad of paper

• I have stood at the Northern border of Israel (Golan Heights), looking into Syrian territory.  I should also point out that this area is littered with thousands of landmines

• I have been to Lachish, a city only 5 miles away from the Gaza Strip

• I have served food to the homeless

• I have sent care packages to children in third-world countries

• I warn people about the dangers of hazing and abuse*

• I have served as a volunteer for my community

I am not saying I am better than anyone else, just proving beyond the shadow of a doubt that I have put my leadership experience to good use, and continue to do so to this day.

If there was such a thing as a "Perfect Person", and I met the criteria, I would be the last one to admit it. 

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 08:12:55 AMNothing but bring down CAP just about every chance you get.

My postings on discussion boards in reference to CAP are directed at issues plaguing CAP, and either include proposed ways of solving an issue, or inquiry about what options are available to make a problem disappear.

Also, my internet activity does >not< qualify as even being a fraction of the overall picture when it comes to my character and the way I conduct myself in everyday life.

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 08:12:55 AMStop sitting on your laurals...

I will let those who actually know me be the judge of that!

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2008, 08:12:55 AM...and re-join and doing some real good.

All in good time, sir. 

But please realize that as a citizen, I have the right to opine on anything I want so long as it falls within the boundaries of protected speech.

*My introduction to CAP involved enduring such treatment