Main Menu

V-Neck T-Shirts

Started by MIKE, November 18, 2005, 09:55:50 PM

MIKE

Anyone know of a good brand for V-neck T-shirts?  My latest ones by Fruit of the Loom don't seem to have a deep enough V in them and they pop out from under my shirt.  Have worn others before that didn't do this... So I'm looking for a different brand to pick up since I need some new ones for my service uniform and also for my trops when I finally snag a set of those.
Mike Johnston

SarDragon

I have an extensive collection of Hanes t-shirts and am very satisfied with them.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

I have found both Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are very good brands.  I have never experienced the Fruit of the Loom "V" cut being too shallow so as to show when wearing the service dress shirt with the collar open.  Both Hanes and Fruit of the Loom can usually be found at decent prices in your local Wal*Mart or similar establishment.

If you're looking for specialty undershirts, UnderArmour makes some pretty good stuff -- great for the field, PT, etc.  For extreme comfort (at a price), Banana Republic has some excellent V-necks with a blend of cashmere with the cotton -- of course, you'll also realize you're paying $20-$35 for an undershirt.   ;D

Seriously though, for everyday use and good general purpose wear, a Hanes v-neck will do you good.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

footballrun21

QuoteSeriously though, for everyday use and good general purpose wear, a Hanes v-neck will do you good.

Best ones I've used.
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on November 18, 2005, 11:35:51 PM
I have found both Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are very good brands.  I have never experienced the Fruit of the Loom "V" cut being too shallow so as to show when wearing the service dress shirt with the collar open.  Both Hanes and Fruit of the Loom can usually be found at decent prices in your local Wal*Mart or similar establishment.

Maybe it is because I have a tree trunk for a neck then (17-17.5)... But I have had other undershirts that didn't show.

Quote from: Pylon on November 18, 2005, 11:35:51 PM
If you're looking for specialty undershirts, UnderArmour makes some pretty good stuff -- great for the field, PT, etc.  For extreme comfort (at a price), Banana Republic has some excellent V-necks with a blend of cashmere with the cotton -- of course, you'll also realize you're paying $20-$35 for an undershirt.   ;D

I want to try the UnderArmour Loosegear t-shirt and the Coldgear longsleeve one for BDU wear but they are expensive and I've heard that some people are allergic to them.  Christmas is coming though.  I don't think I need expensive undershirts for blues though, a three pack from Wally World or Target should do fine.  And whats this field and PT thing... I ain't never heard of that.  ;D
Mike Johnston