Main Menu

bye bye ECI-13

Started by RiverAux, May 01, 2008, 12:08:37 AM

mikeylikey

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on May 05, 2008, 01:26:59 PM
I was VERY pleased to hear this. I will be waiting until this happens before I take the ECI-13 course.

Might be some time before the new course actually becomes operational. I would suggest that you just take the AFIADL 13 and get it over with.  One less thing to "have to do later", if you get my drift........
What's up monkeys?

Ricochet13

Quote from: magoo on May 01, 2008, 12:50:23 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 01, 2008, 12:24:16 AM
2+ years before its live, anyone else care to place a friendly wager?

Well, sir, you could be part of the solution and volunteer to help. Why do so many on this board immediately criticize every idea? Updating the AFIADL 13 course is a good thing if you ask me.

Just emailed CAP-NHQ and volunteered.  :)

Ricochet13

Quote from: Ricochet13 on May 06, 2008, 09:43:53 PM

Well, sir, you could be part of the solution and volunteer to help. Why do so many on this board immediately criticize every idea? Updating the AFIADL 13 course is a good thing if you ask me.

Got a prompt response that I'd be included in the process.  So far so good.  Looking forward to helping.  Anyone else volunteer?  ;D

DNall

They're going to give a positive response to everyone that contacts them, that doesn't mean you'll be involved in the process.

It legitimately may be two years before it's live, and that isn't criticism, it's reality. That's how long it takes to revise content, then get it placed online with all the technical issues worked out on a interactive program.

arajca

Quote from: Ricochet13 on May 07, 2008, 03:00:24 PM
Quote from: Ricochet13 on May 06, 2008, 09:43:53 PM

Got a prompt response that I'd be included in the process.  So far so good.  Looking forward to helping.  Anyone else volunteer?  ;D
I did. Got a quick response. We'll see what happens next.

Ricochet13

Quote from: DNall on May 07, 2008, 04:15:03 PM
They're going to give a positive response to everyone that contacts them, that doesn't mean you'll be involved in the process.

It legitimately may be two years before it's live, and that isn't criticism, it's reality. That's how long it takes to revise content, then get it placed online with all the technical issues worked out on a interactive program.

You may end up being correct DNall, but for the time being I'm going to view the glass as "half full".   ;)

DNall

It's not an issue of optimism. It's an issue of you need to not have members waiting around for the new course. At min it's going to be several months just working content, followed by delivery, followed by tech issues, followed by test group, followed by revisions, & then stand up. I'm certain the working group will do the best they can, but this is not going to be a fast process. And, it's not first in line either. I realize we'd all like immediate gratification, but that's not reality. You need members to proceed with the existing course. People that have yet to join CAP will be on schedule to take this course.