Oddballs and Blacksheep

Started by Smitty, February 18, 2005, 04:47:57 AM

Smitty

Does anybody have any really insane, nutty, wierd or just plain screwy cadets in your squadrons.
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062
Juris Doctor Candidate, Touro Law Center

Hill CAP

Not in my unit any more but I had a cadet that stopped showing up after talking to his parents found out that he was in a mental hospital.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

The Admiral

heh... C/Capt J .  Never stays on topic and lives by the rule, "If you can't beat them, laugh at them."

-Steven

[mod edit: no names... ;) ]
Cross into the Blue!

whatevah

well, my old squadron had a female cadet who tried burning down her parents house (with them in it).  it happened a year after I was transfered out (not by my choice) of the unit.

it made the news, but I didn't see any mention of CAP (fortunately) in the articles. :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

The Admiral

Oh man...did you hear about the cadet who committed suicide at a CAP activity?
Cross into the Blue!

whatevah

the girl in florida? well, technically, it was more of a field trip/tour than an activity.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Schmidty06

As far as I know, the jury is still out as to the precise cause of death in that incident in Florida, so I'd highly suggest letting it slide for the time being.

Schmidty06

Oh, and I *AM* a blacksheep in the squadron.  Actually, there is a small herd of us, but we get along pretty good.

CAPSGT

Oh I'm definately the oddball of my squadron.  I just transferred into the squadron, and I know how to do things by the books  :D  Actually, my squadron has gotten a lot better about playing by the rules since I first checked out the squadorn 3 years ago.

I've definately seen some oddball cadets in my days.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

elkorona

Quote from: CAPSGT on February 24, 2005, 06:50:28 AM
Oh I'm definately the oddball of my squadron.  I just transferred into the squadron, and I know how to do things by the books  :D  Actually, my squadron has gotten a lot better about playing by the rules since I first checked out the squadorn 3 years ago.

I've definately seen some oddball cadets in my days.

Yea, knowing about the squadron in question I would say the Commander alone is an oddball...then there is that guy from your old sqdn Mr Crockett...you know who I mean...
Lt Col Elliott Korona, CAP
Deputy Director, Civic Leadership Academy

SarDragon

The oldest cadet in my unit is a bit of an oddball.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Greg

Quote from: SarDragon on February 24, 2005, 08:55:39 PM
The oldest cadet in my unit is a bit of an oddball.

I thought you were the oldest cadet in the wing?  ???
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

SarDragon

Listen, Mr. Piney, not by a long shot.  8) There's a Major in another unit in my group who got his cadet COP before I joined!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Da Big Daddy K

If you want to see odd cadets look at NJ 079...  :-\
BOHICA
The most one learns in the military is when one has no rank or responsibility so one can concentrate on learning

Smitty

I am a blacksheep!!!!!! ;D
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062
Juris Doctor Candidate, Touro Law Center