Main Menu

Level V

Started by RiverAux, April 24, 2008, 12:17:30 AM

Duke Dillio

Sounds good man.  Keep us posted.  Might start a new thread when then comes about.  SOS/RSC is the last thing I need for Level IV.  Then onto the GRW.

DNall

As the PD courses are restructured, and new courses (TLC/UCC) are added as possibilities for staff/director check offs, I'm sure we'll get around to fixing up some of the adult program requirements. Obviously that program is need of a serious upgrade. The problem at this point is not so much little details like this, but more of should we massively update/change the reqs as has been done several times over our history.

Chappie

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 25, 2008, 12:10:19 PM
The only problem I had with getting my Level V as quickly as I did (less than a dozen years from joining) was ... where do I go from here?  I received my GRW in 1993 -- and all I had was my Wing King at the time to present it to me.  No applause, no nothing.  (Sheesh.)  'S okay, though ... I knew it was a major achievement.  I did get a "form" letter from Brig. Gen. Anderson congratulating me on making it, and a handwritten note offering me his personal congratulations, which I thought was pretty neat.

But the question nagged me ... once you hit the Gill Robb Wilson award, what's next?  There should always be one more mountain to climb.  (Not for bling, of course, but to stay active and involved and all that.)

Jack

What's next???  I love the opportunity to mentor others.  This coming October, I will have the privilege of serving on NSC staff (did two tours as Chaplain - 06', 07 and will be returning as a Seminar Advisor this year).  Looking forward to it....shameless plug here...but if you have not attended NSC, the dates for it are October 25-October 31 at Maxwell AFB, Montgomery AL.  The weather last year was pretty nice...only one day of rain IIRC.

I have also had the opportunity to serve on staffs for cadet activities, Chaplain Service Region Staff College, SLS/CLC, UCC and gave presentations to squadrons, etc.

So there are things to do.

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

ColonelJack

Quote from: Chappie on April 28, 2008, 02:10:43 AM
Looking forward to it....shameless plug here...but if you have not attended NSC, the dates for it are October 25-October 31 at Maxwell AFB, Montgomery AL.  The weather last year was pretty nice...only one day of rain IIRC.

Well ... being retired, I probably won't make it to NSC.   ;)

And the weather last year was pretty nice ... but remember, the Southeast is in something of a drought, so we keep hoping for a few days when the weather won't be so nice.

I did the mentoring bit too ... there were three-four years between earning my GRW and deciding to retire.  But when I asked, "What's next?" I was referring to a structured, PD-based program that built on what I'd learned through Levels III - V.  That's what I needed, and there simply wasn't anything.  It contributed to my burnout.

Thank you for the reply, Chappie.  Much appreciated.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

jimmydeanno

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 29, 2008, 09:57:06 AM
the Southeast is in something of a drought, so we keep hoping for a few days when the weather won't be so nice...

You can have some of our rain, it has been coming down since yesterday and is expected to continue through tomorrow.  I got up this morning with 8 inches of standing water in my driveway.  But, I guess after we're done using it all and pumping it into our rivers it'll make it's way down to you guys to drink  >:D 

^ one of the reasons I don't drink water bottled south of me :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

James Shaw

I plan on attending NSC this year. My "birthday gift" to me. I will have my 41st the day before it starts. It is the last requirement I need for the completion of my Level V.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Fifinella

Quote from: dwb on April 25, 2008, 12:28:56 PM
As for myself, I should have a Garber before too long.  Just have to wait for my SOS diploma to arrive in the mail, then submit the CAPF 24.
Congrats!  I'm right behind you - 5 units left.  Will be glad to be done.  :P  Again, congrats. :clap:
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Fifinella

Quote from: flyerthom on April 24, 2008, 11:22:09 PM
New requirement for Level V - 1000 posts on captalk!
100 posts???  Guess I'd beter start ranting about uniforms and beating dead horses to get my number up.  :) :P >:D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Pylon

Quote from: Fifinella on April 29, 2008, 03:35:19 PM
Guess I'd beter start ranting about uniforms and beating dead horses to get my number up.  :) :P >:D

Nooooooooo!   :'(
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Chappie

Quote from: caphistorian on April 29, 2008, 02:40:18 PM
I plan on attending NSC this year. My "birthday gift" to me. I will have my 41st the day before it starts. It is the last requirement I need for the completion of my Level V.

That is great...Look forward to seeing you there.  Look me up...you can't miss me...I'll be wearing a blue uniform  ;D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)