Letter of Reprimand for senior

Started by lvflyer, April 21, 2008, 07:21:00 PM

FW

Quote from: tribalelder on June 26, 2008, 01:56:59 PM
Just saw this topic,so it's too late to respond by IG complaint for false and misleading statement. 

This hopefully puts someone who is politically neutral in the mix and, while it doesn't make us all play nice, it does make us all play by the rules.  The prospect that this is retaliatory would get looked into.

It's never too late to revisit topics.  But, I wouldn't waste my time with an IG complaint in regard to an LOR unless there was a threat issued first.  LOR's are the 2nd step in the disciplinary process and still allow individuals to enjoy all the privileges of membership.  Also, the allegation of  making "false statements"  is difficult to prove.   BTW, making a false statement is only a "disciplinary no no" when it is made to an IO.  Making "misleading statements" are not a reason to conduct an IG investigation.  It's only a reason to tell the person he's nuts after you have done your "homework". :)

Quote from: a2capt on June 27, 2008, 06:39:49 AM
Quote from: lvflyer on April 21, 2008, 07:21:00 PM
Since I joined it has been difficult getting the correct answers to my questions so I tend to be persistent in my quest for answers.

Sadly, this seems to be the case an awful lot. I learned to just stop asking and look at the regulations once I knew where to get them in current form.
But I too got what I interpreted as vague answers, fishy and conflicting answers from the same people in that I mean, you ask and get told one thing and you observe something else. (Do as I say, not as I do)

I can say that nothing ever resulted in a letter of reprimand, but it certainly made for a very challenging beginning. I admit, I like a definitive answer to a question and when I feel that I am not getting it, I check and verify what I was told.

Especially in the beginning, you look up to the leaders as mentors and guides.

Try a little easier, more experienced approach..

As for training and what not, you will find that you have to participate both within and outside of the home unit level to get the most out of CAP.

CAP has some wonderful resources and opportunities. I do have to say that while I have experienced bits of what you describe, I have still been very grateful for the friends I've made and the experiences I have gotten out of CAP.

Well said,  our leaders are supposed to be mentors and guides.  Those that forget this should be made to watch "Little Nicky" over and over again till they promise to be good. >:D