Main Menu

Encampment & BDUs

Started by BillB, October 01, 2005, 03:26:59 PM

BillB

This is a question I've wondered about, and have not yet seen put to the test. The only required uniform for CAP cadets is the USAF issued blues. So if Cadet Jones doesn't have BDUs and only the uniform he was issued, what would happen if he applied for an encampment? Since an encampment is required for the Mitchell, could he be prevented from attending an encampment because all he had were blues? Lets not bring into this he can borrow BDUs or similar examples, but just the point of a cadet has the issued uniform and can he/she be required to buy a set of BDUs to attend a required part of the cadet program? Keep in mind 39-1 does NOT require a cadet to purchase a uniform.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

capchiro

BillB,

This is exactly what I am getting at in the thread "Required Cadet Uniforms".  It is my interpretation that a cadet is not required to purchase BDU's to attend required CAP activities.  This being said, and summer encampment being a requirement to progress in the program, I interpret the Regs to state that we must either furnish (as in no charge) BDU's or make the wear of same optional (as in voluntary).  I do not see any other interpretation of the Reg.  That being said, anyone requiring cadets to wear BDU's is in violation of the Reg.....I welcome other interpretations, but please furnish substance and not just raw emotion.... One must also remember that ES ( a logical reason to wear BDU's) is not a required part of the cadet program....Flame suit on....   
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Westernslope