OAKLEY GOVERNMENT SALES

Started by Stonewall, February 04, 2008, 01:22:04 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Woot! I've been looking for those knuckle gloves! How good are they when it comes to flexibility, or for something like...smoking?

How are they with the cold?

Phillip

Quote from: CyBorg on January 16, 2010, 04:50:44 AM
This sounds cool.

But on the form, where it says "Service Branch," which would be more appropriate?

Group: Federal
Affiliation: Government
Department: Other
If Other: Civil Air Patrol/U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

- OR -

Affiliation: Military
Department: Air Force
Unit/Group: Civil Air Patrol/U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but I am trying to stay within regs.  We are the Auxiliary of the Air Force, but we are not military...

I went with:
Affiliation: Government
Department: Other
If Other: Civil Air Patrol

I also used the optional Photo ID, don't know if that makes a difference though.

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on January 16, 2010, 05:44:11 AM
Woot! I've been looking for those knuckle gloves! How good are they when it comes to flexibility, or for something like...smoking?

How are they with the cold?

For me, they aren't very good in cold weather.  Then again, my hands get cold very easy.  But for basic protection, I love them.  No significant loss of dexterity and the shell over the knuckles really, really works.  ;D
Captain

Stonewall

Bump!

know for a fact that CAP "credentials" are good to go for this so if you go to OAKLEY GOVERNMENT SALES you can get up to 50% off of Oakley glasses, goggles, gloves, footwear, etc. 

I got issued a pair of the Oakley SF Assault boots when I was in the PJ squadron and love them so much I bought another pair and I just bought a tan pair for deployment.  I've bought glasses for friends at about half price.

You have to register and send them proof of your status (EMS, ES, Mil, Fed, LE, etc).  I recently had a friend use his CAP ID so it does work.  I'd mention something about Emergency Services or AIR FORCE AUXILIARY just to play it safe.

Go to their site, register and in one work day you'll have access to purchase stuff.

As an example, those boots were $200+ and I got them for $120.

PS:  YOU CAN'T SEE EVEN 1/3 OF THE ITEMS YOU CAN BUY UNTIL YOU GET REGISTERED.  THERE ARE LITERALLY 100s OF ITEMS AT UP TO 60% OFF REGULAR PRICE.
Serving since 1987.

OfficerT189

how do you upload you CAP ID?

CAPTShaw

Scan it then upload the scan
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

Stonewall

One year I had to renew my status with Oakley but was TDY and didn't have access to a scanner so I snapped a picture of my ID, cropped it and emailed it.

If you're having trouble figuring it out, ask a 4 year old.  They'll be able to help you out.
Serving since 1987.

OfficerT189

vmstan

Also, FYI, you don't need the optional photo ID to get approved. I used a scanned copy of my "library card" and it was processed in about 15 minutes.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Tubacap

So what have people been using when inputting unit?  Have they been going the Federal "Other" route or the USAF route?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

CAP.is.1337

Federal - Other "Civil Air Patrol" has worked for me for the past two years.
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

Major Rob

I used:

Government
DHS
NER-NJ-093
Civil Air Patrol

We are under Homeland Security now, aren't we? (That's a serious question; I seem to remember hearing that at some point, but now I can't quite remember for sure.)

PHall

Quote from: Captain Rob on September 01, 2010, 03:11:13 AM
I used:

Government
DHS
NER-NJ-093
Civil Air Patrol

We are under Homeland Security now, aren't we? (That's a serious question; I seem to remember hearing that at some point, but now I can't quite remember for sure.)

No, we're not "under" DHS. We're still the Air Force Auxiliary (sometimes).

DakRadz

No, sir.

See page 18 of this to check my source.
WARNING! This is a 38 MB PDF file- loading takes a while.

We are an "Organization" of the USAF- and sometimes the Auxiliary of it ;)

Well, what PHall said.

tsrup

Got registered yesterday with my "library card".  Just took a picture of it and uploaded it.  Approved in a couple hours.

Great stuff, great deals. 

Good on Oakley for what they're doing.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Mustang

Quote from: DakRadz on September 01, 2010, 03:48:34 AM
We are an "Organization" of the USAF- and sometimes the Auxiliary of it ;)
Negatory on the first part, we're NOT an "organization" of the USAF.  More like an independent contractor.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

DakRadz

Okay, an organization working for/with/under the USAF.

Look at the first picture I posted, top left edge- Organizations.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Major Rob

I stand corrected. We support DHS, but are not "under" them. Thank you.

JC004

Quote from: tsrup on September 01, 2010, 05:49:12 AM
Got registered yesterday with my "library card".  Just took a picture of it and uploaded it.  Approved in a couple hours.

Why are you insulting library cards?  I have cards from three different library systems that have far superior printing quality, branding, and design.  None of the pixelation of the CAP card either.

tsrup

Quote from: JC004 on September 02, 2010, 09:24:32 PM
Quote from: tsrup on September 01, 2010, 05:49:12 AM

Why are you insulting library cards?  I have cards from three different library systems that have far superior printing quality, branding, and design.  None of the pixelation of the CAP card either.

Because it was easier to say than "local movie rental shop membership identification card that was laminated using scotch tape"
>:D
Paramedic
hang-around.