CAWG involvement in the SoCal Fires

Started by flynd94, October 24, 2007, 02:12:58 PM

SoCalCAPOfficer

Quote from: wingnut on October 30, 2007, 11:15:20 AM

If anyone is interested check out the Photo Re-con on line course with CAWG, this is a good beginning. Hopefully soon photo-re-con will be a part of the scanner SQTR.

Exactly where on the CAWG site do you find this.  I have looked but cannot locate it.
Thanks for the help.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

flynd94

Not trying to bash or flame.  It just frustrates me how continually bash CAWG and, hide behind the veil of an internet board.  I understand thats the purpose but, I find it a little  (won't use the word I am thinking of).

I have been in CAP for close to 10 years now (cadet/senior) and, it amazes me how folks still accentuate the negative.  What ever happened PMA???

I guess now that I am not in CAWG, I will start bashing them ;D

Keith
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

michael d

"I guess now that I am not in CAWG, I will start bashing them"

Keith, you will always be CAWG....

remember...You can take a member out of CAWG, but you can't take the CAWG out of a member.

-Dachs
Michael Dachs
J.E. Kramer Comp.Sqn. 10, Palo Alto, CA
PCR-CA-214

wingnut

Sorry

the course is under CAWG  Members only section and Log in

http://cawg.cap.gov/html/Mbr/Members.htm

That should do it, the Course is courtesy of Lt. Col McCauley, the CAWG SDIS manager.

california IC

If you are looking for a link to view some of the pictures, PM me and I will get you to one of the sites.
Bob Keilholtz

SoCalCAPOfficer

Thank you, I found the site again.   I remember taking the course when it first came out, but I could never remember where I found it.   I showed it at our meeting last night.  I think this would be very helpful for anyone planning on doing photo missions.

Bob, I would like to view some of the pictures, I will PM you.

We were also discussing the possiblility of purchasing a camera for the airplane, which one would you suggest.   I found a camera that automatically puts in time and Lat/Long, but it is quite expensive.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

california IC

A great camera that seems to always have great shots has been the Cannon w/400 mm telephoto lens.  It is adjustable from about 80 to 400 mm.
Bob Keilholtz

wingnut

I have just purchased a Panasonic DMC-FZ7 it has a 12x optical Zoom
leica Glass with image stabilization. Retail cameras like this are $270 to $400+ different brands. I paid 122 from RITZ Camera Auction.  Image stabilization is a must when flying. the 12x optical is like having a 36-432mm lens. Good close ups

There is a GIS program that maps your pictures as you fly. the way it does it is the Cameras time  is synced with the GPS mapping unit and it attaches a quick link to each photo on your route that is shown on a map, price is about $250.00 not including the GPS.

RiverAux

Interesting, this was the top story on the AFRCC's newsfeed from the ACC: http://www.acc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123074120.  Always glad to see some CAP news on the AF page.