Main Menu

Another CAP forum

Started by fronzz, June 14, 2005, 02:59:46 PM

fronzz

Hello This forum is one i just put together here is the URL:

admin edit: link removed, there are too many bad CAP sites on the web as it is.
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

Pylon

:D :D ::)

Thanks for asking as a courtesy first.

Don't you think this would work better as perhaps a forum specifically for your squadron?

Your topics are very limited, there is no membership base, and frankly I don't understand how a Cadet Airman Basic could possibly be qualified to be the answer guy for a forum such as "Here you can ask me any questions you may have about CAP."

On top of this, it's a "free hosted" forum, meaning every page is plastered with advertisements.  This detracts significantly from your forum.  I know I don't want to be looking at spammy, flashing ad banners while I read topics of interest to me - nor do most people enjoy that.  Clean, refreshingly ad-free pages that you'll find at any successful forum, such as that of CadetStuff, the former CAPBoard, and here at CAPTalk are the only way to go.

If you were to work it as a discussion forum for your squadron in particular, perhaps you would be able to target a more specific user group and thus gain users.  Of course, before doing so, you ought to get permission of your unit commander through your chain of command.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

fronzz

It is not just me answering questions though, more people will answer them,not just me.  And,my squadron already has a forum.
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

Major_Chuck

I don't know.  The pop up of Jessica Simpson in a bikinni wasn't too bad.  :)

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on June 17, 2005, 02:35:54 AM
I don't know.  The pop up of Jessica Simpson in a bikinni wasn't too bad.  :)

-CC

Yeah, and it looks real active.  They've had the same 4 registered users they had last week.  All 13 articles seem to be written by some kind of important "fronzz" guy, and the discussion looks to be real high-level intelectually.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Major_Chuck

I don't want to come across as trying to discourge someone from attempting to create a new CAP Forum, unfortunately they don't always work.

A good number of members of CAPTalk came from already established forums such as CAPBOARD.com, AUXILIARYPOWER.ORG, and CADETSTUFF.(something).

In many instances members of one board are also members of many others and you'll find similiar topic and discussions running at the sametime.  To be honest, I usually go to about three of the larger forums and bypass the smaller ones.

Right now I go to CAPTALK.NET, MILITARY.COM, and INFANTRYMEN.NET. 

Establishing groups, forums, etc. is a difficult thing and I applaud you for doing so but unless you are offering a unique topic or idea it is a hard sell.

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard