Looking for a source for dress blue women’s shirt

Started by Nikos, November 10, 2021, 10:02:53 PM

Nikos

One of my female Cadets needs a size 4 tuck in long sleeve dress blue shirt.  Any suggestions on alternative sources?  Army Air Force Exchange does not have any right now.  Vanguard does not list them, unless I missed it.  Thanks

GroundHawg

Nikos

Eclipse

Uniforms 4 U has the untucked version, might be the only handy option,
but they don't go that small.
http://www.uniforms-4u.com/c-air-force-uniforms-1077.aspx

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

From what I've heard, the USAF is going through a re-design of the uniform shirt.

I've heard various rumors that...

the material was going to change,

the color was going to change,

the shape/style of the pockets was going to change,

and so on.

What I can tell you it's darn near impossible to find super small size shirts and the very big size shirts, especially the short sleeve version.

AAES website doesn't have them, physical exchanges on post have near bare shelves and The Salute Uniforms mentioned by Eclipse above are an extreme quality shirt, but you do get what you pay for, and theirs' are pricey. They also do not carry short sleeve, only long.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

PHall

Quote from: shuman14 on November 12, 2021, 09:19:22 PMFrom what I've heard, the USAF is going through a re-design of the uniform shirt.

I've heard various rumors that...

the material was going to change,

the color was going to change,

the shape/style of the pockets was going to change,

and so on.

What I can tell you it's darn near impossible to find super small size shirts and the very big size shirts, especially the short sleeve version.

AAES website doesn't have them, physical exchanges on post have near bare shelves and The Salute Uniforms mentioned by Eclipse above are an extreme quality shirt, but you do get what you pay for, and theirs' are pricey. They also do not carry short sleeve, only long.

There's currently a shortage of Service Uniform trousers and shirts. There are signs in Military Clothing Sales stores and a notice on the AAFES website about the shortages.
About the only place that is fully stocked is the clothing issue point at Lackland to service the Basic Military Training school.
They hope things will get better by spring...

Nikos

I was at Westover picking up an order last week.  A lot of empty spaces on the shelves.  The man running the exchange said the same thing about supply problems.  Just my 2 cents here, but the long sleeve shirt from the Exchange is much better than Vanguard.

Nikos

Can female cadets wear male long sleeve dress blue shirts? 

Paul Kretschmar

Quote from: Nikos on November 19, 2021, 06:52:59 PMCan female cadets wear male long sleeve dress blue shirts? 

I'm going to opine no, they can't.  From CAPR 39-1 (emphasis mine): 

1.2.2. Minimum USAF-style Uniform: The minimum basic USAF-style uniform is the Blue Service Uniform (Class B) with short sleeve shirt (male) or blouse (female) as appropriate. All cadets are required to maintain this uniform, unless they are aged 18 or older and do not meet the weight standards to wear the USAF-style uniform.

Elsewhere in the regulation it specifically calls out that female CAP members can wear either the male or female version of the flight service cap.  Also, that females may wear the male version of any of the field uniforms. Absent a specific clause in the regulation to allow them to wear the male version of the blues shirt, it's a 'no'.
Capt Paul Kretschmar, CAP
Chester County Composite Squadron
Squadron Commander

PHall

Nothing in CAPR 39-1 says you can and it doesn't say you can't either.
But normally the regulation only tells what you can do and if it doesn't say you can then it isn't authorized.

Eclipse

Going to agree "no" - I looked and couldn't find any allowance, and as stated, with other items there
are specific authorizations.

The collar would be noticeable different as well.

If there a reason she can't wear the overblouse?  That seems to be what is available.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nikos

I have to agree with "no" also on this.  Just an idea about female cadets wearing male cadet shirts.  I am about half way through the uniform manual and can't find anything that allows female cadets to wear male cadet dress blue shirts. The issue came up when I was looking for a long sleeve shirt for the colder weather.  If vanguard had seasonal uniform items, it wouldn't be a problem locating a shirt. 
Thank you everyone for all your advice.  I will keep checking eBay, something might come up in the future.