Oh Vanguard, My Vanguard, how we love you!

Started by Eclipse, November 02, 2021, 09:50:37 PM

Eclipse

This won't cause any confusion at all!

https://www.vanguardmil.com/pages/civil-air-patrol-collection

(When you go to the correct URL and click "Ribbons", all you get are CGAux stuff. You
have to scroll below the fold to find the CAP ribbons.  UI design is easy, it's testing that is hard!)

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Also,  when a new member buys ribbons, the site helpfully tells you that others have bought ribbon racks at the same time.

"Oh,  cool. Thanks Vanguard. Glad you told me that."

Except: the ribbon racks recommended are often the 1/8" spacing racks. If you've never bought a ribbon rack before,  you don't know there is a difference. Until you show up at an activity and your wing commander says "oh,  uh, hey..."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Fubar

So what are CAP Inc's options? They (we) need a vendor who is familiar with military uniform items and is willing to carry all the little-used and rarely-purchased doodads. CAP will probably want to keep their kick-backs too.

Other than Vanguard, are there any other vendors out there CAP could shop this contract to?

GroundHawg

Quote from: Fubar on November 03, 2021, 05:21:55 AMSo what are CAP Inc's options? They (we) need a vendor who is familiar with military uniform items and is willing to carry all the little-used and rarely-purchased doodads. CAP will probably want to keep their kick-backs too.

Other than Vanguard, are there any other vendors out there CAP could shop this contract to?

I would be down for Marlow White. I have never had a bad experience with them and I am picky

PHall

On Vanguard's main page, if you pull down the BRANCH pull down to CIVIL AIR PATROL and select it you will only see CAP stuff displayed. No confusion at all.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on November 03, 2021, 04:10:03 PMOn Vanguard's main page, if you pull down the BRANCH pull down to CIVIL AIR PATROL and select it you will only see CAP stuff displayed. No confusion at all.

Not from there - if you go to "Civil Air Patrol Store", which is how it's been marketed
and indicated for ages, you get to the correct URL and the incorrect items.

The website was updated, as they are, and someone signed off testing early. Simple as that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Fubar on November 03, 2021, 05:21:55 AMSo what are CAP Inc's options? They (we) need a vendor who is familiar with military uniform items and is willing to carry all the little-used and rarely-purchased doodads. CAP will probably want to keep their kick-backs too.

Well, there was another one that is no more (not that I was a specific fan), and these days, from what I
see in the newspaper, there seems to be an emerging Asian country with excess manufacturing and
compelling prices - may CAP should check it out!

And before you shout "But Made in 'Merica" - VG has had no compunction to selling knock off
uniforms items, so that issue is off the table.

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

USAMM carries Civil Air Patrol Ribbons.

Their order of precedence  is off when building a rack with Military and Foreign Decorations included and doesn't have a CAP only option for the AFOEA (i.e. two different locations) but they do make quality ribbon racks.

https://ezrackbuilder.usamm.com/rack-builder/select-branch
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Eclipse

EZR is apparently the source for VG thin ribbons as well - odds are that's where
EZR is getting their source ribbons.

"That Others May Zoom"