Main Menu

Flight Boots

Started by Pinecone, October 06, 2021, 01:42:10 PM

Pinecone

I am looking for recommendations for sources and model information for CAP legal flight boots.

Thanks

Eclipse

None are required, so there is no prescription.

Anything that meets the loose definition of "black combat boots" from 39-1 is acceptable.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Get something that is black, and comfortable. I wear 8" rise cop boots.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAPJOE

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2021, 02:43:07 PMNone are required, so there is no prescription.

Anything that meets the loose definition of "black combat boots" from 39-1 is acceptable.

They also must have at least 8 inch tops. I wear 10 inch top jump boots as I have bad ankles.

PHall

Quote from: CAPJOE on October 07, 2021, 12:41:51 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2021, 02:43:07 PMNone are required, so there is no prescription.

They also must have at least 8 inch tops. I wear 10 inch top jump boots as I have bad ankles.

You got a reg cite for that?

Eclipse

FDU:
"8.2.11. Footwear. Black combat boots are worn with the FDU"

CFDU:
"8.3.11. Footwear. Any plain black shoes or boots may be worn. No western style boots are
authorized. Ropers and Wellingtons are acceptable. Local commanders may authorize black or other
conservative, dark color, insulated boots during winter flight operations."

There's no size prescription, and boots aren't even required for the CFDU.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pinecone

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on October 07, 2021, 03:00:38 AM

FDU:
"8.2.11. Footwear. Black combat boots are worn with the FDU"

CFDU:
"8.3.11. Footwear. Any plain black shoes or boots may be worn. No western style boots are
authorized. Ropers and Wellingtons are acceptable. Local commanders may authorize black or other
conservative, dark color, insulated boots during winter flight operations."

There's no size prescription, and boots aren't even required for the CFDU.

Yeah, wasn't asking you Eclipse. Was asking CAPJOE since he was the one who said that the boots had to be 8 inches tall. And yes I did check CAPR 39-1 before I posted my cite request.

farsightusf2017

For standard military style boots I'm a big fan of Belleville's flight boots. Basically the standard on the Mil side. Pricey but boots that last a while

PHall

Quote from: farsightusf2017 on October 07, 2021, 10:52:08 PMFor standard military style boots I'm a big fan of Belleville's flight boots. Basically the standard on the Mil side. Pricey but boots that last a while

Been wearing them for over 20 years. The 30 second break in time is nice too!