Unit patches on Flight Suit

Started by biomed441, February 01, 2021, 10:31:15 PM

SarDragon

For a quick answer to your specific situation - the American flag goes on the left sleeve, and no other. There is a variety of permitted patches on the right sleeve, but consult any supplements your wing may have issued regarding specific patches on the flight suit.

CAPR 39-1, CIVIL AIR PATROL UNIFORM REGULATION, has a handy-dandy chart defining what patches/insignia/bling you can wear on each uniform combination and where to wear it. It's attachment 4, starting on page 125.

Since you've been away, I strongly recommend that you thoroughly read the reg, and get familiar with the new material. There have been a lot of changes in the last few years - too many to go over here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spam

Quote from: SarDragon on October 06, 2021, 09:30:25 PMCAPR 39-1, CIVIL AIR PATROL UNIFORM REGULATION, has a handy-dandy chart defining what patches/insignia/bling you can wear on each uniform combination and where to wear it. It's attachment 4, starting on page 125.

Since you've been away, I strongly recommend that you thoroughly read the reg, and get familiar with the new material. There have been a lot of changes in the last few years - too many to go over here.

... and of course, stop number one in that reg would be to check the height/weight table and grooming section, before purchasing any USAF style uniforms (or wearing any old ones). You don't want to waste your time, right.

V/r
Spam

farsightusf2017

There is a sage green two piece that we wear in the Navy (most helo bubbas). Concept of being able to remove the top is nice but would still have a pesky belt digging into you. At that point for the cost I'd rather wear the polo.

Eclipse

Rather then a 2-piece adult onesie, sundowning flight suits across the board
would be a better choice.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on October 07, 2021, 03:28:27 AMRather then a 2-piece adult onesie, sundowning flight suits across the board
would be a better choice.

Agree. About 6 years now and nearly 350 hours in CAP planes ... wearing nothing but the polo, gray slacks,  and some nice comfy black shoes. Never owned a flight suit.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

farsightusf2017

I agree that the flight suit in GA isn't ideal or that comfortable. I think it offers a more militarized appearance in certain instances. I'd agree in nearly all times I'm cap flying it's the polo.