Main Menu

New Logo!

Started by Fubar, January 29, 2018, 11:34:18 PM

Fubar

Saw this new logo pop up twice from NHQ recently in presentations and once in email:

It's a nice looking logo, although I haven't seen any usage rules for it. It could be a NHQ only thing.

OldGuy

Quote from: Fubar on January 29, 2018, 11:34:18 PM
Saw this new logo pop up twice from NHQ recently in presentations and once in email:

It's a nice looking logo, although I haven't seen any usage rules for it. It could be a NHQ only thing.
I hate losing 1941......

Spam

BWAHAHAHA...!

The USAF Auxiliary puts out a logo with a Navy C model planform, instead of a USAF A model.

Wonder if we have a USN vet slipping that into the briefs as a joke, or if they just didn't bother to quality check their work?   ;D

V/r
Spam

NIN

Internal use only logo, gang.

We're not losing 1941. Just celebrating 70 years of being the official auxiliary of the greatest Air Force on Earth.

If that really is a C-model planform, well... :P
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spam

I'd assert that it is. It shows no leading edge chines in front of the gear, and it has F-35C appropriate wingspan.

I bet Dave inserted it.

Tee hee,
Spam

OldGuy

Quote from: Spam on January 30, 2018, 12:23:21 AM

BWAHAHAHA...!

The USAF Auxiliary puts out a logo with a Navy C model planform, instead of a USAF A model.

Wonder if we have a USN vet slipping that into the briefs as a joke, or if they just didn't bother to quality check their work?   ;D

V/r
Spam

We were the "Coastal Air Patrol" - maybe that is the nautical connection?

OldGuy

SarDragon

Quote from: Spam on January 30, 2018, 01:09:12 AM

I'd assert that it is. It shows no leading edge chines in front of the gear, and it has F-35C appropriate wingspan.

I bet Dave inserted it.

Tee hee,
Spam

If you are referring to this Dave, NFW.

I did overlay the new logo, and a photo with all three versions taken almost straight up at a flyover, and the loge matched almost perfectly with the C version, and there were obvious differences with the other two.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Word is the F-35 in the graphic has been fixed.

Per some sources in places to know these things, apparently this is a very common thing even among people who work on the programs for the government.  Its not like its the first and only time an F-35C silhouette was accidentally substituted when an F-35A was required.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Spam

Now thats a beautiful thing.  Love to see a CAP Cessna turning inside an F-35A. "Guns guns guns"...

Vr
Spam

Cliff_Chambliss

C-172  The original Stealth.

Thanks to Mathis Rust.

At one time there were some morale patches that mimicked USAF patches.  showed the planform of the C-172 and Stealth Skyhawk around the border. 
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

ZigZag911

NHQ can't get stuff done that we really need (like IT support for various functional areas) but there is plenty of time to play the "branding" game once again.

Does anyone actually set priorities in this organization?!?