How far can a cadet advance in three years?

Started by jfkspotting, December 28, 2017, 05:02:14 PM

jfkspotting

Today marks my first year in CAP. I am a C/MSGT and have attended various activities, an encampment, and multiple TRAEX's.

I graduate in 2019... How far in the program Can I advance, in terms of grade, experiences?

I know C/COL is out of the picture, however, in 2 years, will I make it to C/Capt?

Eclipse

Quote from: jfkspotting on December 28, 2017, 05:02:14 PM
I know C/COL is out of the picture, however, in 2 years, will I make it to C/Capt?

Beyond the basic math on the minimum to promote, there's no way to answer that question
as when you get into Phase III & IV the requirements and expectations increase and
cadets tend to slow down progression.

It's one thing to punch the ticket to the day in Phase I, but I usually raise an eyebrow if it continues
into Phase III.

"That Others May Zoom"

PhoenixRisen

The Cadet Super Chart should be able to give you an answer.

Look at the bottom for minimum TIG calculations.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Cadet_Super_Chart_94732A5667D92_C5995ABD1FAC3.pdf

Toad1168

Quote from: jfkspotting on December 28, 2017, 05:02:14 PM
Today marks my first year in CAP. I am a C/MSGT and have attended various activities, an encampment, and multiple TRAEX's.

I graduate in 2019... How far in the program Can I advance, in terms of grade, experiences?

Graduate from HS or College in 2019?
Toad

TheSkyHornet

Be weary of getting "as far as you can" in this time frame.

I always ask cadets what their goals are in progressing in the program when it comes to conducting review boards. I'm not looking for their goals, or necessarily how they plan to achieve that goal. That's all a given. I want to know the motivation behind it.

If you want to be a C/Capt in the next year, tell me why. What's driving you to get there? If you're just picking a calendar date, and there's no logic behind it because it's the fastest track to promoting and being in charge, I'm going to take that into consideration when it comes time for you to promote.

So stop worrying about how high up you can get in three years. Focus more on what kind of cadet you want to develop into in those three years.