QCUA 2017 Recipients announced

Started by Eclipse, September 26, 2017, 02:27:20 PM

Eclipse

See this link or the attached for the official list.  342 units won earned received the award this year.
https://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/library/quality_cadet_unit_award.cfm

So I'm curious.  For those units not receiving the award, what's the pinch point?

"That Others May Zoom"

cnitas

This will be the first year we didn't make the cut since it was initiated, and we have never intentionally tried to check the boxes. 

Reviewing the data we missed it by a hair.... There were 3 items we could have leaned on to pick up the certificate.  We were sitting at 41 cadets on Aug 31, and we met 5 criteria.  We missed the % cutoff on a couple of items by <5%. 
GES by 4% and O-Rides by 2%.  Basically if 1 more cadet had done both of those things we would have made it.   Additionally, we did our last AEX project last week, so not in time for the QCUA deadline.

This was our first overall cadet membership down year in a while, so I think that hurt the numbers.

Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Jester

I'm looking forward to the next year's criteria. RRLA needs to go away, and I assume that with the trend away from DDR stuff it won't be a QCUA point in the future.