Source for uniform insignia placement?

Started by Pace, August 28, 2017, 06:11:29 PM

Pace

Does anyone have a source/person that knows our uniform manual and will reliably place name tapes, insignia, etc on a pair of BBDUs? I need to update my uniform, and I thought this may be a good time to switch to the new darker blue insignia. I just don't have the time to alter my uniforms anymore, and last time I tried the results were less than stellar. TIA
Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

Are you looking to send this to someone in the mail?

PM me.

"That Others May Zoom"

kwe1009

I print out the page from 39-1 that shows the placement and take it to a tailor.  That usually works.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kwe1009 on August 28, 2017, 07:01:11 PM
I print out the page from 39-1 that shows the placement and take it to a tailor.  That usually works.

Eh,

Mixed results.

NIN

Quote from: Pace on August 28, 2017, 06:11:29 PM
Does anyone have a source/person that knows our uniform manual and will reliably place name tapes, insignia, etc on a pair of BBDUs? I need to update my uniform, and I thought this may be a good time to switch to the new darker blue insignia. I just don't have the time to alter my uniforms anymore, and last time I tried the results were less than stellar. TIA

I know a guy...
Ask Chappie, he'll tell you.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Matthew Congrove

I've tried printing off 39-1 for the local tailor, horrible results. Made a simpler cheat sheet, horrible results.

What do I do now? Take it to the local seamstress who does wedding dress alterations. Her attention to detail is superb!
Lt. Col. Matthew Congrove, CAP

Holding Pattern

I take mine to a semi-professional cosplay tailor. I linked her 39-1 and this thread: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=19974.0

I paid with cash and favors and received 3 perfect uniforms.

kwe1009

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on August 28, 2017, 07:08:19 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on August 28, 2017, 07:01:11 PM

Eh,

Mixed results.

True, but the times when it didn't work for me I just pointed to the picture and the person quickly fixed it.  I don't know of a better way to make sure the stuff is put on correctly other than doing it myself and I don't want to take the time to do that.  Now that I am living near a military base again I don't even have to worry about printing out 39-1.  The tailors know who to sew the stuff correctly.

Okayish Aviator

Have a machine, learn to sew and you're golden. Or have someone at the squadron who does and has that can help you. I routinely put patches on uniforms for everyone at my squadron, and I'm not the only one.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Capt Thompson

I use hem tape to place the patches myself, takes maybe 5 mins or so, and then take them in to a local tailor. She charges $20 to sew them on professionally, and I can be assured they are in the correct place and measured because I did it myself.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

BuckeyeDEJ

I sew my own. What's wrong with you people?

>:D

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Pace

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on September 06, 2017, 12:17:22 AM
I sew my own. What's wrong with you people?

>:D
I always have; until now. My quality is inversely correlated with my age.
Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

BuckeyeDEJ

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.