Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2017, 03:43:29 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: The Death of the CAPF45
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Death of the CAPF45  (Read 960 times)
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« on: August 10, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »

The king is dead, long live the king...

I think this: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=22340.msg405542#msg405542
has finally killed the requirement to maintain CAPF 45s.  I noticed at the last meeting
that there is a free-form area to record "activities".

With historic non-F120 decs and ribbons online now, plus the above, I don't see anything
on the 45 that isn't tracked in eservices (assuming it's all been entered properly).  We long since
abandoned the paper version in favor of a virtual electronic one in Google Drive, but maintinain
that pretense has been a complete waste of time.

Anyone see anything left not tracked?

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/F045_4698530918C7A.pdf

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

wacapgh
Forum Regular

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »

Multiple awards and devices on ribbons.

However, the ticket has been assigned to the IT Functional Users Group for review and prioritization.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 03:44:43 PM »

In spite of most of the info being online, it's not all in one place, like the F45.

Is there a place to record activity participation?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Mordecai
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: SI

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »

In spite of most of the info being online, it's not all in one place, like the F45.

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.MemberSearch.Web/Reports/MemberDetails?CAPID=[PUTYOURCAPIDHEREWITHOUTBRACKETS]
arajca

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 03:58:02 PM »

However, the ticket has been assigned to the IT Functional Users Group for review and prioritization.
For multiple awards, just enter each award separately.

The only issue with service awards module is only the member can enter them, not Admin or Pers.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »

Like I said, it's not all in one place, like the F45. There are entry areas on the F45, which information is not available in the Member Details report, specifically Aircrew data.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »

Air crew and other ES quals are under "Achievements" in "Member Search" (plus Ops Quals).

"Not all in one place", is a UI or usability argument but doesn't negate the 45's death.

And anything online would be a much easier reach then a hard copy folder 10 miles away.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:06:58 PM by Eclipse » Logged

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

Air crew and other ES quals are under "Achievements" in "Member Search" (plus Ops Quals).

"Not all in one place", is a UI or usability argument but doesn't negate the 45's death.

And anything online would be a much easier reach then a hard copy folder 10 miles away.

This.
wacapgh
Forum Regular

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »

For multiple awards, just enter each award separately.

The only issue with service awards module is only the member can enter them, not Admin or Pers.

So I "award" myself 8 Red Service ribbons, 11 Air Search and Rescue Ribbons, etc? How do you show the split between ground and air sorties, as they have different attachments?
How do you indicate what level of service (Group, Wing, Region, etc.) for a CAC ribbon?
Mitchell with star for attending COS?
As pointed out earlier, the Disaster Relief ribbon with "V" is not available.

In it's current release, it cannot accurately show a member's service and activity awards.

It's a step towards "all online", but not quite ready.
Luis R. Ramos

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 04:12:45 PM »

All these awards are requested on a CAPF 2a. The only mention of awards and annotating them online when I logon are on a CAPF 120. How do you post those requested on 2as?

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 04:39:50 PM »

Eservices - My Account - Service Ribbons

Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: The Death of the CAPF45