Main Menu

CyberPatriot

Started by flyboy_x, May 22, 2017, 12:00:21 AM

flyboy_x

Question/opinion

This is my fourth year coaching CyberPatriot.  We were 3rd in the CAP during CP IX. 

I want to start giving tryouts to evaluate competitors and place them on the correct teams.  IE. Varsity/JV

Can any coaches out there PM me as to the best way to go about this?

Regards,
Kurt

grunt82abn

Kurt,

While I don't have an answer to your question, maybe you could give me some insight on how to start up a team with-in my squadron. Please feel free to PM me if you feel up to it. Thanks

Sean
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Holding Pattern

Opinion: We ran two teams last competition. We had a veteran team and a new team. If I could go back and do it all over again I'd mix the groups up.

Holding Pattern

I had to take a call before I could explain why:

We have cadets that are ageing out of the program this year that could have provided a lot of pointers and best practices to the new competitors during the competition that otherwise can't be communicated outside of the "in competition" environment.

Paul Creed III

The National Cadet Cyber Programs team is releasing the CyberPatriot Playbook to help new coaches get started with the program. You can check it out at the link below and feedback is encouraged via the contact information in the document.

http://cap-cyber.org/index.php/resources
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Shieldel

Quote from: Paul Creed III on May 23, 2017, 12:06:36 PM
The National Cadet Cyber Programs team is releasing the CyberPatriot Playbook to help new coaches get started with the program. You can check it out at the link below and feedback is encouraged via the contact information in the document.

http://cap-cyber.org/index.php/resources

NHQ has a Cyber Team (aside from the IT folks of course)? O.o first I've heard of it!
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018