Lifehacker tip for the Mortgage Payment

Started by Eclipse, March 23, 2017, 07:29:52 PM

Eclipse

I've got an active Commo and my Group has a renewed interest in Comms, generally, so
I've taken to keeping the HT charged and handy (vs. in the go box and cold where it's mostly been for 10 years).

I also hate wire clutter, and while the below isn't exactly sliced gluten, for some reason hadn't occurred to me
until I accidently set it down as such.  Takes care of the clutter nicely and the CoG is about perfect by accident.

The brick is Velcroed to the bottom of the charging stand, and yes, I was able to place the Velcro in a way that
did not block the asset tag or S/N info, etc. (though I took a photo first).

Also, while these things are too heavy, and were too expensive when purchased, you do have to hand it to them
that they are still working and fully digi-encryption capable despite being 10+ years old and pretty "well-used"
during that time.  Even the two batteries I have still have reasonable life. With encampments and missions, this radio probably has
well over a thousand hours of actual powered-on use.

Life...HACKED!

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

What does this have to do with mortgages?

Eclipse

"Mortgage Payment" is the nickname we've used, at least in my wing, since these were issued
due to their high acquisition cost and propensity for the clip to release in the field.

(i.e. "If you lose that it's going to cost you a mortgage payment...")

"That Others May Zoom"