They are *still* at it!

Started by NIN, January 25, 2017, 11:54:40 PM

NIN

Vanguard, why must you vex me so?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Just proves they won't even follow their own standards... ::)

NIN

With any luck, I've fixed this.

Reminds me of the sets of Lt Col I got that were merrowed.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Toad1168

Toad

kwe1009

This is really crap.  I'm glad that you are trying to fix this but how many will get these and sew them on as is because "it must be right because VG made it that way."

ProdigalJim

Quote from: PHall on January 26, 2017, 12:44:10 AM
Just proves they won't even follow their own standards... ::)

Or it just proves they don't HAVE any standards. Each batch is a brand-new day...like Groundhog Day.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

NIN

"Ned Ryerson!"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

LATORRECA

NIN how you got them to stay trim, did you use glue to keep the excess material all folded. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NIN

Quote from: LATORRECA on January 28, 2017, 05:14:14 PM
NIN how you got them to stay trim, did you use glue to keep the excess material all folded. 

"Ancient Chinese Secret" to paraphrase an old,  not very politically correct commercial.

;)

I use a light dusting of water soluble spray adhesive to hold the folds. Used to use the black binder clips exclusively,  but now I'm using the shown fabric clips (about to buy another bag of them.  They rock).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

LATORRECA

Sweet I will try it. Here in Germany the tailor is charging 2.80 for each patch.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: NIN on January 27, 2017, 05:24:52 PM

Came out nice,  too

Nice. Now, all you have to do is find somebody named Ward who is a chaplain.

Wait a minute - I might know a guy...

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Jester

Quote from: NIN on January 25, 2017, 11:54:40 PM

Vanguard, why must you vex me so?

I wonder if that adds anything significant to the production cost that's then rolled into the price.

NIN

Quote from: LATORRECA on January 28, 2017, 05:21:14 PM
Sweet I will try it. Here in Germany the tailor is charging 2.80 for each patch.

$2.80 a patch? Thats highway robbery! I tell the guys in my sq "give me a dunkin donuts card for whatever you think this is worth.."

It keeps me in coffee for meeting nights.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

Quote from: Jester on January 29, 2017, 01:56:34 AM
I wonder if that adds anything significant to the production cost that's then rolled into the price.

Considering it is an extra touch point, probably.

I just spoke to a region commander who wondered why he got CAP senior pilot wings for his new ABUs with merrowing.  Why would one aviation badge be merrowed, yet the other levels of the same badge not be?

<headslam>
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on January 29, 2017, 02:35:35 AMWhy would one aviation badge be merrowed, yet the other levels of the same badge not be?

<headslam>

By the same logic the ultramarine blue AC wings suddenly started showing up pre-folded and sewn, incorrectly,

or the majority of all the aircrew wings suddenly have the wrong shape, despite the fact that they've been selling them for years.

Reasons...

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on January 29, 2017, 01:29:10 AM
Quote from: NIN on January 27, 2017, 05:24:52 PM

Came out nice,  too

Nice. Now, all you have to do is find somebody named Ward who is a chaplain.

Wait a minute - I might know a guy...

Can't be his, no coffee stains...

Luis R. Ramos

Excellent last name for a Chaplain.

Definition of "Ward:" To protect...

8)
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Eclipse on January 29, 2017, 04:31:37 AM
Quote from: NIN on January 29, 2017, 02:35:35 AMWhy would one aviation badge be merrowed, yet the other levels of the same badge not be?

<headslam>

By the same logic the ultramarine blue AC wings suddenly started showing up pre-folded and sewn, incorrectly,

or the majority of all the aircrew wings suddenly have the wrong shape, despite the fact that they've been selling them for years.

Reasons...

Those AC wings don't look anything like CAP wings. And the Observer wings remind me of the Vietnam era stuff that guys brought back from Korea or Vietnam that were seen on jackets and ball caps. That upturn at the wingtips is weird.

The shape is simple - they are supposed to look like the the old "droop" wings, bent up at the disk (that is literally how the first ones were made when they changed in the 70's).

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.