Buying CAP aircraft

Started by Flying Pig, November 23, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

Flying Pig

Who /where is the POC for buying old CAP aircraft?

stillamarine

https://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/logistics__mission_resources/aircraft_for_sale/

For questions concerning this sale, please contact Cathy Pangallo @ 334-953-7748, Ext 263 or cpangallol@capnhq.gov.  CAP will not accept offers via facsimile, email or any other electronic media.  For questions concerning aircraft, please contact point of contact.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Bloodhound

Not every CAP aircraft goes up for sale here.  I know of a couple of wrecked gliders since 2008 that I would have bid on to repair, but they quietly disappeared and were reregistered to a new owner, so a sale or other transfer did take place...
Amy Binder, Capt, CAP
CFI, CFIG
Hilltown Senior Squadron
NER-PA-251

Flying Pig

Thanks for the reply.  There is an LE agency looking to buy one cheap and refurbish it.  Long story... but in short, there are grants to repair/refurbish aircraft for LE, but that grant wont buy them one.  So they want to get one as inexpensive as possible, then use the grant to get it going. 

PHall

Quote from: Bloodhound on December 05, 2016, 01:28:45 PM
Not every CAP aircraft goes up for sale here.  I know of a couple of wrecked gliders since 2008 that I would have bid on to repair, but they quietly disappeared and were reregistered to a new owner, so a sale or other transfer did take place...

Depending on how CAP acquired the glider in the first place may determine how they get rid of it.
It could be: 1. Brought directly by CAP Inc., 2. Government Surplus - i.e. AF Academy Gliders, 3. Donation.
And how they are deposed of differs for each one.

Bloodhound

I believe they were AFA gliders - the old Schweizers.  How would they be disposed of?
Amy Binder, Capt, CAP
CFI, CFIG
Hilltown Senior Squadron
NER-PA-251

arajca

Turned in to DLA-DS (formerly DMRO) or disposal coordinated with DLA-DS.