Testing observer

Started by Cadet Daugherty, November 16, 2016, 02:23:56 PM

Cadet Daugherty

I am a C/SrA planning on promoting to C/SSgt in December. I passed my written milestone test but failed my drill test. Can I request a different observer? My previous failed me yet they didnt pay close enough attention to me.

Eclipse

The simple answer is is "yes".  Whether or not your unit has the personnel to accomplish that properly is a local issue.

You should know that it is not unusual for cadets to need more then one try on drill (and other) tests.  Drill is a perishable
skill that few people are perfect at.

You also should have received feedback regarding the areas you didn't successfully accomplish the respective proper maneuver(s).
Since drill isn't timed, per se, it's usually pretty obvious when something isn't done properly and not very subjective.

The above pre-supposes that the testing is being properly administered by a senior member as per CAP Test 78-2.
(Note the WB drill checklist is only available to TCOs via eServices).

"That Others May Zoom"

GaryVC

At the last meeting I gave 6 achievement 1 and 2 drill tests and we turned it into a learning experience. All but one of the cadets passed and one of the achievement 1 cadets received a perfect score.  I had them repeat anything I wasn't sure they had done correctly (the lighting isn't that great). After the tests we spent the time to make sure the cadets knew how to do all of the movements. The cadet first sergeant gave the commands and we had the assistance of a more experienced cadet to make up four people for the achievement 2 tests.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Cadet Daugherty on November 16, 2016, 02:23:56 PM
I am a C/SrA planning on promoting to C/SSgt in December. I passed my written milestone test but failed my drill test. Can I request a different observer? My previous failed me yet they didnt pay close enough attention to me.

As what was stated: yes, you may certainly request another proctor.  Your Squadron Commander is not required to do so.  In most cases, Commanders select the testing proctors because they trust that members judgment.

If you want to go forth and ask for another proctor, be sure to explain WHY you want a different proctor, and be able to back up your assertions.

Good luck.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CAPDCCMOM

To the OP:

Cadet, does your Squadron have a specific guideline on how long you must wait for a Drill test? If you wish to promote in December you should be ok, unless you only do drill tests once per month. Ask your Cadet Commander and the Testing Officer for specific feedback on your previous test. At least that is what I would advise one of my Cadets.

Good Luck