Vanguard doesn't make the bullion CAP seal now?

Started by RazorbackPride, October 03, 2016, 08:29:10 PM

RazorbackPride

Am I missing something or do they not make the mess dress seal in bullion anymore? What is someone to do if they already bought other bullion devices?

RazorbackPride

Yes Sir, but that's enameled, not bullion. So if I you have bullion devices, you would need to get enameled versions to make them work together.

On a more childish note, I also like the bullion more.

Eclipse

Quote from: RazorbackPride on October 03, 2016, 09:20:27 PM
Yes Sir, but that's enameled, not bullion. So if I you have bullion devices, you would need to get enameled versions to make them work together.

I believe you can wear either crest - there are no enamel equivalents of the badges, etc., those are always bullion.

(I didn't check this).

"4.1.1.3.3. CAP Seal. Will be worn over the middle button on the right side of the
jacket. May be enamel or bullion, but must match other badges and devices. Does not count against the
total number of authorized badges on the uniform. "

So if you choose to wear badges and devices, you have no choice but bullion, it would appear, unless the normal
bright metal badges count as "enamel" to "match"?

I guess so...

"4.1.1.3.4. Badges. The total number of badges worn will not exceed four. The
commander's insignia pin and CAP seal do not count as one of the four badges. All badges (including
commander insignia pin) must be made of the same material and must match the material of the CAP
seal; metal badges will be of a highly polished finish. Wear only one foreign badge if authorized
(paragraph 10.8). Attachment 4 lists authorized badges and their approximate location on the various
uniforms. "

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on October 03, 2016, 09:35:55 PM
So if you choose to wear badges and devices, you have no choice but bullion, it would appear, unless the normal
bright metal badges count as "enamel" to "match"?

I guess so...

The enamel seal goes with miniature metal badges and devices. The bullion seal goes with bullion badges and devices.

The wording is poor, but the intent is clear as day, since we got this policy from how USAF used to do it (USAF later transitioned to all metal; no more bullion on mess dress).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP