CAP receipient of the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.

Started by Chappie, September 20, 2016, 04:46:37 PM

Toad1168

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 07, 2016, 05:24:09 PM
The thing that really bugs me about all this, and its not from the Air Force.  It's the fact that for YEARS, we- particularly here on CapTalk- have been whining and raging about being more and more distant from the Air Force, and then we become part of the Total Force.  People still complained that it was just a publicity stunt or that it was a gesture without meaning.  Suddenly, the Air Force goes and proves that they meant more than just words, then suddenly- they can't do that, we couldn't accept it if we wanted to.  It seems to me- for the most part, that those arguing the hardest against us for receiving this award are those that are current/former Air Force (not exclusive on either side.)

Can't we just be glad that the Air Force is actively trying to improve the relationship with us.  Why can't you be happy that they are working really hard to make things right.  If you haven't noticed the Air Force, and the Military in general, have been going through some bad PR at the moment, and they are still taking time and effort when they could ignore us for now until they get themselves straightened out.

Sure, things could be better at the local level, but things take time, and mutual respect on both sides of the house.  For those of you with the issues with this award- other than those concerned with details of how worn- check your ego and re-evaluate why you are so worked up about this.  If you think we as CAP don't rate this award- suck it- the SECAF says we do.

I, for one, am grateful to the Us Air Force for this.  Thank you.

+10   :clap:
Toad

Chappie

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Shuman 14

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

ColonelJack

The thing that really bugs me about all this, and its not from the Air Force.  It's the fact that for YEARS, we- particularly here on CapTalk- have been whining and raging about being more and more distant from the Air Force, and then we become part of the Total Force.  People still complained that it was just a publicity stunt or that it was a gesture without meaning.  Suddenly, the Air Force goes and proves that they meant more than just words, then suddenly- they can't do that, we couldn't accept it if we wanted to.  It seems to me- for the most part, that those arguing the hardest against us for receiving this award are those that are current/former Air Force (not exclusive on either side.)

Can't we just be glad that the Air Force is actively trying to improve the relationship with us.  Why can't you be happy that they are working really hard to make things right.  If you haven't noticed the Air Force, and the Military in general, have been going through some bad PR at the moment, and they are still taking time and effort when they could ignore us for now until they get themselves straightened out.

Sure, things could be better at the local level, but things take time, and mutual respect on both sides of the house.  For those of you with the issues with this award- other than those concerned with details of how worn- check your ego and re-evaluate why you are so worked up about this.  If you think we as CAP don't rate this award- suck it- the SECAF says we do.

And here, my friends, is the quintessential "mic drop."

Well said, Rogue Leader.  We should all take this to heart.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Pylon

Everything RogueLeader said is basically all that needs to be said at this juncture.

Thank you to the U.S. Air Force and SECAF for recognizing the contributions of Civil Air Patrol members in such a public, formal, and meaningful way.

This recognition goes a long way to show that the Air Force truly does have high regard for the members of our organization and their contributions to ours and the Air Force's missions.

Additionally, all CAP members should be very proud (ribbon or no ribbon) that the Air Force has recognized us in this way. The ribbon is immaterial to the weight of the compliment we've been given by our "parent service." Let's be proud and grateful for this; not ungrateful and argumentative.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Pylon on October 11, 2016, 02:10:12 PM

Everything RogueLeader said is basically all that needs to be said at this juncture.

Thank you to the U.S. Air Force and SECAF for recognizing the contributions of Civil Air Patrol members in such a public, formal, and meaningful way.

This recognition goes a long way to show that the Air Force truly does have high regard for the members of our organization and their contributions to ours and the Air Force's missions.

Additionally, all CAP members should be very proud (ribbon or no ribbon) that the Air Force has recognized us in this way. The ribbon is immaterial to the weight of the compliment we've been given by our "parent service." Let's be proud and grateful for this; not ungrateful and argumentative.

:clap: :clap:
Well said.
Moving on....

Devil Doc

So... How are you Lovely Cranky people doing? This is cool that the AF awarded this to us... and I am sure we will get a "memo" on you know... stuff.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 28, 2016, 05:54:26 PM
So... How are you Lovely Cranky people doing? This is cool that the AF awarded this to us... and I am sure we will get a "memo" on you know... stuff.

I'm doing fine, particularly after that semi-coherent rant that spilled out faster then my brain could fix, which is faster than what came pouring out (figuratively speaking) of my fingers.  I've never really told anybody to ever "suck it" in such plain language.  Typically not my style.  I have to admit that it did resonate with quite a few members, although it probably stung a few members here on this board that I usually agree with.

In any event, I still hold those members that may/may not care for my opinion on this matter in high regard.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Devil Doc

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 28, 2016, 08:30:01 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on October 28, 2016, 05:54:26 PM

I'm doing fine, particularly after that semi-coherent rant that spilled out faster then my brain could fix, which is faster than what came pouring out (figuratively speaking) of my fingers.  I've never really told anybody to ever "suck it" in such plain language.  Typically not my style.  I have to admit that it did resonate with quite a few members, although it probably stung a few members here on this board that I usually agree with.

In any event, I still hold those members that may/may not care for my opinion on this matter in high regard.

Toates
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

kwe1009

If/when the Air Force makes a decision, it will be well publicized I'm sure.  With that said, I highly doubt a decision will come any time soon.  This is not even up to a back burner issue for the Air Force yet.

Chappie

The streamer looks good on the organizational flagpole.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

MHC5096

Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Devil Doc

Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Майор Хаткевич

Holding Pattern

Search this forum for the original questions about when we would get ABUs. Forward to when we got ABUs. Consider that the appropriate timeline for an answer.

SarDragon

And I think we'll just shut this for the moment. If someone gets a useful update, report this post, and we'll open it back up.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

At the request of a forum member, reopening this topic to cover the recent announcement of the disposition of the AFOEA to Civil Air Patrol.

The memo will be out soon (if not already), but the short version is that CAP members who were members for any part of the original award period (1 OCT 2012 - 31 AUG 16) are authorized the wear of the AFOEA on the USAF-style blue uniform (only). It will be worn above CAP ribbons but below military ribbons. If you're a military member, you're not authorized this award of the AFOEA on your military uniform.  (in theory, you might have a double-dip?)

eServices will be updated to reflect this award for those members who meet the qualifications.

More to follow in updates to CAPR 39-3 and CAPM39-1
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.