Baofeng UV-82

Started by Theodore, April 11, 2016, 01:16:48 PM

Theodore

Is the Baofeng UV-82 NTIA Approved and does it meet all C.A.P. radio requirements?
Thanks

Toth

You can check Baofeng radio compliance here:https://comm.capnhq.gov/equipment/vhf_list.cfm

If the UV-82 isn't on the list (which it isn't), it has not been evaluated and as such is not compliant for use. You can request for it to be evaluated through the Equipment Information Request link on the main Equipment Compliance Reports page.
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

Theodore

I was looking through the manual, and it seems to be OK. Repeater Capable: Yes. Narrowband: Yes. Frequencies Within Bandwidth: Yes. UV5R Series are a no-go though

Theodore

Can some request to review the UV-82 for me? The link wont work for me for some reason

EMT-83

Cadet, it may be time to slow your roll. Based on your ES qualifications posted in another thread, you have zero need for a CAP radio.

Theodore

Well, I am about to be my squadron Cadet Communications Officer

Toad1168

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 11, 2016, 10:48:46 PM
Cadet, it may be time to slow your roll. Based on your ES qualifications posted in another thread, you have zero need for a CAP radio.

I don't agree with the idea that anyone should discourage cadets from getting into communications.  If this cadet is motivated enough to want to purchase his/her own radio, we should encourage it.  Throughout my years, I have seen several cadets operating in communications and quite frankly, are more proficient than most seniors. 
Toad

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Toad1168 on April 12, 2016, 03:14:50 PM

I don't agree with the idea that anyone should discourage cadets from getting into communications.  If this cadet is motivated enough to want to purchase his/her own radio, we should encourage it.  Throughout my years, I have seen several cadets operating in communications and quite frankly, are more proficient than most seniors.

Agreed 100%. But based on the presented evidence, I'll go with EMT on this one.

arajca

Quote from: Toad1168 on April 12, 2016, 03:14:50 PM

The problem with cadets buying radios just for CAP occurs when interests change and they're stuck with a $200+ piece of hardware they can't use. Parents get upset that "CAP made them buy the radio for their cadet and won't buy it from them." BTDT.