"US" and "CAP" on AF/TPU service Coat

Started by NAYBOR, May 05, 2007, 04:27:05 AM

DKruse

Why is anybody advocating more uniform changes?  It's bad enough the numerous changes we've received from NHQ without the general membership proposing more changes.  It seems that every time I've received an order from Vanguard in the last 18 months, a new change comes out that nullifies half my order.

I know the choices we have now are numerous and not perfect.  But, PLEASE, let's allow things to settle down for awhile.
Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

ColonelJack

STX ... your signature line ...

"You had Gloria's gum, then operated on her face" ... right?

;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

DKruse

Jack,

It's a motto that originated with and was personified by my original squadron commander, a wise Swede.

"To hell with the glory.  Let's get the job done."

Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

ColonelJack

Very inspirational, and very much true to the CAP philosophy.

But my translation was funnier.   :D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Eagle400

Quote from: RiverAux on May 19, 2007, 06:17:46 PM
Kach illustrates a great point -- the guys on the ground getting CAP help probably couldn't care less whether the CAP guy is 50 lbs overweight or has a grizzly adams beard if it gets them out of doing a bunch of work.

Unless perhaps if that person is an agency liaison for a SAR agency working with CAP, and will only take CAP members on a SAR mission who are physically fit due to hazards and such.  I've never seen or heard of this happening but that doesn't mean it can't happen/hasn't happened.     

Quote from: RiverAux on May 19, 2007, 06:17:46 PMThe AF officer or NCO that is walking by that has no clue who we are or what we're doing is probably the one complaining about how we look in "AF-style" uniforms. 

The more we work with the AF the more likely a lot of the silly differences we have now will disappear. 

Definitely.  Perhaps CAP will one day have a relationship to the Air Force like the one the Coast Guard Auxiliary has with the Coast Guard.  I don't see this happening without a lot of reform to how the organization is run and overseen, however.  I don't think correctly running the program that currently exists will put CAP any closer to the Air Force.     

arajca

Quote from: 12211985 on June 28, 2007, 01:34:31 AM
[
Quote from: RiverAux on May 19, 2007, 06:17:46 PMThe AF officer or NCO that is walking by that has no clue who we are or what we're doing is probably the one complaining about how we look in "AF-style" uniforms. 

The more we work with the AF the more likely a lot of the silly differences we have now will disappear. 

Definitely.  Perhaps CAP will one day have a relationship to the Air Force like the one the Coast Guard Auxiliary has with the Coast Guard.  I don't see this happening without a lot of reform to how the organization is run and overseen, however.  I don't think correctly running the program that currently exists will put CAP any closer to the Air Force.     
How about by showing we can follow instructions and regs, regardless of we personally feel about them?