Main Menu

Repeater R#s

Started by ShotBaker, September 17, 2015, 01:33:21 AM

ShotBaker

My in laws live in Michigan and my folks live in Texas. We visit often and I always take my commo gear. I have not had any luck tracking down repeater R#s for either state so I'm hoping y'all can help. I am the squadron Comm Officer as well.

I'd love to listen for nets and check in when able.

If you are part of TXWG, MIWG, WVWG, OHWG and have knowledge of your Wing's repeaters and nets please send me a private message.

Thanks team!

Capt Thompson

Each of the Wings has a website, I would say track down contact info for the Wing Director of Comm for each Wing and ask for the info.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

ShotBaker

I'll give that a shot again, but folks have never gotten back to me.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: ShotBaker on September 17, 2015, 02:24:25 AM
I'll give that a shot again, but folks have never gotten back to me.

Looks like it's time for you to volunteer to become the comm officer. :P

ShotBaker

I am a comms officer and an MRO and CUL....

Slim

Whereabouts in MI?  In addition to the R number, each of our repeaters is also labeled in our code plug based on it's geographic location.  If you have a specific area, I can track it down and let you know.

Slim

Al Sayre

If you go on eServices and scroll to the bottom, click on Communications, you should see a link called Repeater Directory.  If you click the link, you can find all the repeater pair numbers & locations by wing.   
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JeffDG

There's also a spreadsheet on the Communications Page that lists days/times of nets.

ShotBaker

JeffDG, I recalled that this morning. I feel like a dummy. Thanks for the reminder!

ShotBaker

Slim, in-laws are in the Grand Blanc/Flint area.

Slim

Quote from: ShotBaker on September 17, 2015, 05:20:01 PM
Slim, in-laws are in the Grand Blanc/Flint area.

That would be R-8.  Not a lot of activity on there, and they seem to favor using P25 most of the time.  You may also be able to access the metro Detroit area repeater, R-42.  It's located in Auburn Hills, just north of Pontiac and pretty much across the street from the Palace of Auburn Hills.  It's a little more active, and runs a net every Tuesday evening at 1830L.  Not sure of/when they run a net on the Flint repeater.

Slim