Far East Squadron Leadership School (Online via DCS)

Started by sleepyboyd, September 13, 2015, 12:12:22 PM

sleepyboyd

Hello everyone,

The Osan Cadet Squadron, Yokota Cadet Squadron, and Okinawa Cadet Squadron are holding an SLS on October 17-18, 2015.  We are opening this course up to six (6) members outside of the Far East.  If you need SLS, and want to learn about the far off land of oversea's units as well, please join us!

Requirements for the Far East SLS:
- Computer capable of running DCS (Defense Collaborative System).  Check it out here: http://www.disa.mil/Enterprise-Services/Applications/Defense-Collaboration-Services.
- Microphone
- Webcam
- Blues Uniform or Corporate Equivalent (Either long sleeve or short sleeve.  No FDU's, BDU's, Polo's, etc.  You will be on camera, and we will notice.)
- Level One complete and a CAPF 17 with a recommendation from your unit commander.  Commander's will be notified of application disposition at a date to be determined.

Notes to consider before applying:
- Japan and Korea are UTC +9.  That's currently 13 hours AHEAD of the Eastern Seaboard of the US.  Firm meeting times will be announced on this board in the near future.
- You DO NOT need a DoD CAC Card to access DCS.  Attendees will be sent a private link to connect to the course via email.
- Your internet service should be sufficient to support live streaming audio and video.  Insufficient bandwidth will have a negative effect on your course completion.
- We are currently limiting this SLS to only six (6) people from outside of the Far East.  We will keep an alternate list also in case we can open more slots.  If interested, please apply.  Multiple individuals from the same unit who will connect from the same location are highly desired.
- Your CAPF 17 must be sent from your unit commander with a recommendation.  Even though this course will be presented via live interactive video feed, some wings within CAP have policies that will conflict with the delivery style of this SLS.  Your unit commander will be able to determine any local policy issues and ensure your completion of SLS will be honored.

CAPF 17's can be sent to Lt Col Adam Boyd, Far East SLS Administration Officer at adam.b.boyd(at)gmail.com.  Thanks, and we hope to hear from you soon!
ADAM BOYD, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
Yokota Cadet Squadron, NHQ-103
www.facebook.com/yokotacap

Wilson #2936
AOBD, MCPE, GTL, FLM

GroundHawg

It would definitely be the coolest SLS certificate... There has to be dragons on it right? Maybe Kanji or Hangul writing? Almost be worth it to take SLS over again to find out!

AlphaSigOU

I can probably help instruct but my uniforms are in my household goods packout to Kwajalein and probably won't be in on time for the SLS (estimating mid-October). I do have the polo shirt combination but it wouldn't be right to wear it when the students are expected to be wearing blues or corporates.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

sleepyboyd

AlphaSigOU, email me offline and I will put you in touch with the course Director Col Mouw.

GroundHawg, we will more than likely use a standard certificate, however, a Katakana translation of your name could be requested on the certificate as well.  Nice idea, thanks!
ADAM BOYD, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
Yokota Cadet Squadron, NHQ-103
www.facebook.com/yokotacap

Wilson #2936
AOBD, MCPE, GTL, FLM

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: sleepyboyd on September 16, 2015, 09:42:50 AM
AlphaSigOU, email me offline and I will put you in touch with the course Director Col Mouw.

GroundHawg, we will more than likely use a standard certificate, however, a Katakana translation of your name could be requested on the certificate as well.  Nice idea, thanks!

Know him well... I'll send you a PM when I get off work.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040