Contacting National Headquarters

Started by slimshady, June 30, 2014, 07:02:38 PM

Garibaldi

I was not going to jump on the bandwagon but i changed my mind ok here goes nothing you need to use proper punctuation and grammar exspecialy as a senir memeber because how are you going to be takin seriously i mean for realy realz  yo no oen is going to take u seriously if you cant even form a grammaikally proper sentence jees i mean would you really write a letter to the wing commander the way u r takin here like a illieterate cadet even in real life would you write a letter to someone important like this? Proper grammar and sentence formation and spelling and capitalization are very important. Do you see the difference in what I did here? Can you follow what I am writing now as opposed to what I wrote prior to the question mark?

No one can understand and no one has time to re-read a run on sentence like that. Calm the f*** down, use some of the grammar and punctuation you were supposedly taught in school, and start acting like an adult.

Or I swear by my pretty bonnet I will end you....r attitude.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Al Sayre

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 08:17:12 PM
i dont appreciate being talked down to and i will make it as far as i want to in cap despite any interference from others,  i am not worried about it. i already have very good friends in very high places   ;D

I don't believe that anyone here is trying to talk down to you, they are trying to help you understand that on this forum, we expect that proper grammar and punctuation be used.  I case you haven't noticed, many of those who have replied to you ARE people in high places, and quite frankly, your tone and defensiveness aren't winning you any friends here.  Most of the people on this board are more than willing to offer you sound advice based on their many years of CAP experience.  I don't believe that it is too much to ask of someone that they follow the conventions of the forum and display common courtesy when they come and ask for advice. 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

slimshady

when i signed up i was not told that proper grammar was a requirement thank you for letting me know

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 09:02:01 PM
when i signed up i was not told that proper grammar was a requirement thank you for letting me know

It's not necessarily a "requirement" but it certainly helps your credibility, especially in written form.

I have trouble believing you're a senior member.

Regardless...if you took such an attitude in person with most of the people on this board (who quite probably overwhelmingly outrank you), I do not think you'd like the results.  The results you are already getting tend to speak volumes.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

arajca

Garibaldi

Quote from: arajca on June 30, 2014, 09:20:36 PM
Troll?

No, just another in a long series of young "adults" who think that text-speak will get them through life. I'm not kidding, I really will shred the first essay I am asked to grade that is written like this.

slimshady

i would speak differently in person and in uniform but as i said before this is a unofficial forum and i was simply looking for help with something and got crucified for my grammar skills. if i write an article for cap i assure you all proper grammar will be used. im sure no one punctuates in a text message either. and you would know i am a senior member when u saw me in that capacity but outside of cap i loosen up.

spaatzmom

Troll?

Sadly no,  he is a member of a cadet squadron in group 3 here, as was indicated before his edit.  Eventually he will learn no way or another.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:29:39 PM
i would speak differently in person and in uniform but as i said before this is a unofficial forum and i was simply looking for help with something and got crucified for my grammar skills. if i write an article for cap i assure you all proper grammar will be used. im sure no one punctuates in a text message either. and you would know i am a senior member when u saw me in that capacity but outside of cap i loosen up.

First of all, nobody "crucified" you.

If anything, there has been more criticism of your attitude than your grammar.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

slimshady

i would never write an essay like this i am not in class right now

slimshady

my "attitude" is from so many people wanting to talk about my grammar instead of the posted issue i guess i was wrong to think i could get help here.

JeffDG

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:29:39 PM

In the real world, everything you say, do, write, etc. is a test, and you're always being graded.

THRAWN

Quote from: JeffDG on June 30, 2014, 08:43:16 PM
I like the "Eats, shoots and leaves" example, but that's spelling too...

http://www.amazon.com/Eats-Shoots-Leaves-Tolerance-Punctuation/dp/1592402038

That is my kid's favorite joke. I am glad.you mentioned it. I was about to become belligerent with the OP. Now I am just too busy giggling....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

slimshady

spaatzmom idk what your problem with me is but i dont have an issue that i need to learn about i am doing very well in cap i did not come on here to get an english lesson i came for help.

THRAWN

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:32:35 PM
my "attitude" is from so many people wanting to talk about my grammar instead of the posted issue i guess i was wrong to think i could get help here.

Help? You were given an order by your COMMANDER (look that word up, Webster...) and you came here to gripe about it. Consider yourself lucky you are not under my command or you would have your walking papers, lad....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

JeffDG

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:35:06 PM
spaatzmom idk what your problem with me is but i dont have an issue that i need to learn about i am doing very well in cap i did not come on here to get an english lesson i came for help.

If you don't have enough respect for those you're asking for help to put forth the effort to write properly and use appropriate grammar and punctuation, don't expect them to put forth much effort to assist you.

ColonelJack

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 30, 2014, 09:25:37 PM
Troll?

No, just another in a long series of young "adults" who think that text-speak will get them through life. I'm not kidding, I really will shred the first essay I am asked to grade that is written like this.

In my history classes I return papers immediately upon finding the first thing in "text-speak" and require that the entire paper be re-written, minus the faddish nonsense.

To the Original Poster, consider:  The harder you defend your decision to be lazy in your writing skills, the less seriously we (and anyone else whom you may need to contact) will take you, and the more you look like a stubborn little kid who has been proven he is wrong but insists he is right nonetheless.  Write properly, please.  It may take an extra second or two, but it will be worth it in the long run.  (In the short run, too.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Garibaldi

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:32:35 PM

You're issue was discussed and solved several posts ago mainly the problem is as stated is your attitude towards the help you are receiving yet you dont seem the need to take the advise you were given nor do you want to change the way you are writing by the way i have a degree in journalism and a minor in english and i am a cap major and i write for a living how does this look to you one professional to another

ColonelJack

idk?  What the heck is an "idk"?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ColonelJack on June 30, 2014, 09:39:11 PM

idk?  What the heck is an "idk"?

Jack

It's a "text-speak" abbreviation for "I don't know."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011