Contacting National Headquarters

Started by slimshady, June 30, 2014, 07:02:38 PM

spaatzmom

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 01, 2014, 02:03:57 PM
Just thought I'd share this little missive I recieved this morning. Since I have nothing to hide, I submit it here for your amusement:

Im not intimidated by your threat that i know for a fact you cannot make good on, i don't care who you call, you cannot have my career ended unless you make faulty allegations which wouldn't be very cap of you and would not get you far, you might want to focus on your squadron instead of making empty threats on the internet which by the way is in violation of CAPR 110-1 if that means anything to you. do it again and i will report you to the inspector general.

Perhaps I should quit now and spare him the trouble. I am literally shaking in my shoes. An IG call? Ok, I'm packing it in. I quit.

Gee, now I feel neglected.  Oh well, I will survive.

Garibaldi

This will be my last post for a while.

After a heated call with my now former CC, I turned in my resignation not 30 minutes ago. She sent me an email about this thread and my participation, and while the conversation regarding said thread had nothing to do with my decision, I realised a couple of things about myself.

1. I am not a nice person, and
b. I have lost my objectivity regarding CAP.

Let this be a lesson to you, SM whoever you are. ANYONE can read this forum, and take whatever action they deem necessary. My commander didn't really care for the way I handled things and called me on it. No punishment was forthcoming, just a stern warning about what I, and everyone else has said, regarding appearance and decorum.

I urge you to stop high-fiving yourself because you had nothing to do with my decision to leave. Your body count still remains at zero.

I'll still be around, lurking, posting when I feel the need.

Y'all take care, now.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

spaatzmom

Quote from: NC Hokie on July 01, 2014, 02:51:42 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on July 01, 2014, 02:18:44 PM
Great Scott. Even in his private threat messages he can't spell goodly. I am bored. I will just send the thread to his wing.
I may be wrong about this, but I believe that his squadron commander announced his presence (and was ignored by the OP) in Reply #81 here: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=19042.msg349385#msg349385

You would not be incorrect in your assumption.

THRAWN

Quote from: NC Hokie on July 01, 2014, 02:51:42 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on July 01, 2014, 02:18:44 PM
Great Scott. Even in his private threat messages he can't spell goodly. I am bored. I will just send the thread to his wing.
I may be wrong about this, but I believe that his squadron commander announced his presence (and was ignored by the OP) in Reply #81 here: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=19042.msg349385#msg349385

You are not wrong.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

spaatzmom

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 01, 2014, 03:01:08 PM

After a heated call with my now former CC, I turned in my resignation not 30 minutes ago. She sent me an email about this thread and my participation, and while the conversation regarding said thread had nothing to do with my decision, I realised a couple of things about myself.

Let this be a lesson to you, SM whoever you are. ANYONE can read this forum, and take whatever action they deem necessary. My commander didn't really care for the way I handled things and called me on it. No punishment was forthcoming, just a stern warning about what I, and everyone else has said, regarding appearance and decorum.

I urge you to stop high-fiving yourself because you had nothing to do with my decision to leave. Your body count still remains at zero.

Y'all take care, now.

I am truly saddened to hear of your decision, but it was yours' to make.

Private Investigator

Some place in the CAP world a bridge is missing its troll   8)

Private Investigator

After a heated call with my now former CC, I turned in my resignation not 30 minutes ago. She sent me an email about this thread and my participation ...

Interesting. I would have told her not to forget the punch and cookies for meeting night   8)

C/Cool

Quote from: Bobble on July 01, 2014, 12:38:51 AM
Quote from: THRAWN on June 30, 2014, 10:37:43 PM
Were you born ignorant of your surroundings or was there some training involved?

As my DCPO used to say, "Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever."

"You can not argue with stupid but you can certainly play with it."
― Donna Lynn Hope
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

Storm Chaser

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 07:40:05 PM
on a informal forum i don't see the need for punctuation i never did like it much, and there have been times i needed something else and i tried at unit then group then wing and i just kept getting told to go higher and i figured with a matter like this where i knew no physical record existed since i already spoke to my former commander and former group commander and searched the records at group headquarters myself, there was only one way to do it and i was right and to this day i still cant get some of my other records by having gone through the chain of command it has failed me like i assumed it would in this matter, furthermore i don't see why the contacts for national are public if it is such a offense to contact them.

This was so hard to read without proper punctuation that I stopped reading after the second sentence... Or was it third? It was hard to tell and I just lost interest.

Flying Pig

Cool.... this whole mess is going on just up the street from me :)

Storm Chaser

Y'all take care, now.

I reread all your posts on this thread and couldn't find anything offensive or inappropriate. At most, all I saw was a bit of sarcasm in some of your posts. Why would your commander make a big deal about your participation on this thread?

THRAWN

Y'all take care, now.

Ponypoo. You tell it like it is. If that makes you not a nice guy...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SunDog

Wait. . .what?? did I miss something???? I'm not even sure what happened here?? It was weird, but engrossing reading - but I was thinking it was a prank - did he really resign? Was that OP a real persona? Am I too slow to catch on???

Garibaldi

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 01, 2014, 03:58:34 PM

Y'all take care, now.

I reread all your posts on this thread and couldn't find anything offensive or inappropriate. At most, all I saw was a bit of sarcasm in some of your posts. Why would your commander make a big deal about your participation on this thread?

Actually, she didn't. She asked if I had written what I had, I owned up to it, and from there the conversation went south. At the end, she said she was just curious and advised me to do the same thing I advised this young future burger flipper, to be careful what I say here. The heated part of the conversation was all me, unrelated to this, and ended with me doing what I had felt like doing for months, after sleeping on it numerous times.

Garibaldi

Quote from: SunDog on July 01, 2014, 04:05:16 PM
Wait. . .what?? did I miss something???? I'm not even sure what happened here?? It was weird, but engrossing reading - but I was thinking it was a prank - did he really resign? Was that OP a real persona? Am I too slow to catch on???

Not a joke, SunDog. I really resigned, but not over this. Totally unrelated.

SunDog

Dang, that's tough.. maybe try stepping away for a while instead, take a break?  I tried that a few years back (it didn't work for me, unfortunatley)  - but it might work for you?  Best of luck, regardless. . .

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Flying Pig

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 01, 2014, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: SunDog on July 01, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Not a joke, SunDog. I really resigned, but not over this. Totally unrelated.
Quite honestly.. then it was something that was probably brewing for a while.  In my experience most CAP members are just holding on.  Time, money, time, money...more money and time just isn't something most people can justify.  And generally when the straw breaks the camel, its finished.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Garibaldi, I'm not one to talk since I've left CAP before, once after a heated exchange with a former CC.

However, I encourage you to take some time on this.  CAP needs people of integrity such as yourself.

But when it goes far beyond "Come And Pay," all the Bravo Sierra about uniforms, the off-on relationship/non-relationship we have with the Air Force, not to mention the personalities and head games, at some point I could potentially see myself pulling the eject handle again.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SunDog

It sort of accreates - no one big issue, just the preponderance of annoyances add up, and the exit sign starts looking better and better.  While CAP is probably more gacked than other organizations, it still isn't a crater. . . . but after enough years, the issues grow more aggravating, and the rewards less tangible, or perhaps less important?

And there is some BTDT, too. Folks grow emotionally fatigued, mucking about with the same clumsy procedures and processes, I think.  We truly aren't very well managed or organized, and that tends to wear people down.  Maybe I'm just projecting my own mental state regarding CAP? But these things seem to resonate with some other folks on CT. 

Early on, you go with the flow, and it doesn't bother you so much. Human nature, I guess.  After spending absolute gobs of time on pointless tasks, mucking with bad systems, dealing with a dinosaur bureaucracy, it becomes wearisome. And time to move on. Maybe for the best all around - CAP doesn't need sullen, PO'ed SM's lurking about - get some new blood in, ones who don't mind (for now) the hoops and administrivia. . .