Every CAPTalk Topic on 39-1, ABUs, Berets, PAWG, and more

Started by Майор Хаткевич, January 08, 2014, 05:48:07 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Not directly related, but once I read this, CAPTalk was the very first thing that came to mind.

QuoteHow Many Hobbyists Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Making a total of 176 posts

a2capt

2 more will remind readers that certain varieties of objects that convert energy to light are no longer permitted to be manufactured.

Storm Chaser

The number of posts is definitely higher when related to CAP uniforms. But other than that, you nailed it!

NIN

8 people to post that the remembered when they could get light bulbs from another source, but the electric company put that source out of business...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ol'fido

7 people to post humorous light bulb images and stories about light bulbs.

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SamFranklin

At least 1 to compare the mods to Hitler.

Add 10 to compare Obama and the CFC bulb rules to Hitler.

New thread appears about Obama's birth certificate and the best brand of tinfoil to use for making hats.

Finally 1 last guy to ask if anyone knows when we're getting ABUs.

C/Cool

Don't forget 1 who reads the quote and starts the thread about this thread...
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

Panache

Quote from: SamFranklin on January 09, 2014, 12:40:47 AM
At least 1 to compare the mods to Hitler.

Add 10 to compare Obama and the CFC bulb rules to Hitler.

New thread appears about Obama's birth certificate and the best brand of tinfoil to use for making hats.

And 1 who brings his own personal politics into a thread.

BillB

This thread is not relevant since it is not included in the draft 39-1. The color of light bulbs is not mentioned or are subdued light bulbs authorized
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

TexasCadet

Just had to add these.

3 to argue what kind of insignia an official lightbulb-changer wears.
4 to argure why they need an official insignia.
7 to argure what uniform to wear when changing a lightbulb.
2 to ask which regulation lightbulb-changing is under.
3 to argue how to dispose of the used lightbulb.
1 to ask why we need lightbulbs when we can just use candles.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Late addition:

All lightbulb-changers must be uniformed in grey.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Ratatouille

Pylon

Then 1 poster with 10,000-plus posts will argue whether or not light-bulb changing is a CAP activity.  This will devolve into an existential discussion of what defines a "CAP activity."
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LSThiker

Quote from: Pylon on March 12, 2014, 02:26:06 AM
Then 1 poster with 10,000-plus posts will argue whether or not light-bulb changing is a CAP activity.  This will devolve into an existential discussion of what defines a "CAP activity."

Which will surely evolve into a discussion about the wear of CAP uniforms and activities and whether or not BDUs or Blues should be worn.  Then it will change back into when ABUs will be authorized or not.  :)

Panache

Quote from: Pylon on March 12, 2014, 02:26:06 AM

If it's not a "CAP activity", can I earn hours for my volunteer service ribbon with it?

Майор Хаткевич

Panache

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 12, 2014, 04:48:13 AM
Depends. Did you end up doing it in a CAP uniform?

I don't know.  It was dark and I couldn't see!

James Shaw

If you change out the light bulb you must do an ORM first.  >:D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

MSG Mac

Did you do a 100 hour check on the lightbulb, lamp, or illumination device to determine comparative luminescence at specified intervals and determine degradation at specified intervals?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member