Soon to be new member (Again)

Started by Combat_Comm, September 25, 2013, 10:01:06 AM

Combat_Comm

Hi everyone. I saw a similar thread here so if it's not ok to do this let me know.

I'm finally rejoining CAP. I started as a cadet in Ohio Wing when I was 15, left for the Air Force and became a senior member in California Wing. I moved on to Ramstien AB and worked with the cadet squadron there and did a very brief stint in Tennessee Wing but life got in the way about 2006. Well looks like I'm doing a fingerprint card soon for Tennessee Wing!

I've been reading with interest all that I have missed. There have been a lot of changes and as always it seems some are for the better and some are for the worse. It appears I'll be taking the Communications Officer role in the unit so lots of catching up and getting my quals back. I don't mind. This organization was one of the motivators for me to go into the AF and I have had lots of good experiences because of it.

I ask that you bear with some silly or "old School" questions as I learn all this again! Look forward to talking with many of you.

-Rich
Richard Long, Capt., CAP
Commander
Cumberland Composite Squadron TN-393
Tennessee Wing

FlyTiger77

Welcome back to the best wing in CAP. Which Group is your new unit in?
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: Combat_Comm on September 25, 2013, 10:01:06 AM
Hi everyone. I saw a similar thread here so if it's not ok to do this let me know.

I'm finally rejoining CAP. I started as a cadet in Ohio Wing when I was 15, left for the Air Force and became a senior member in California Wing. I moved on to Ramstien AB and worked with the cadet squadron there and did a very brief stint in Tennessee Wing but life got in the way about 2006. Well looks like I'm doing a fingerprint card soon for Tennessee Wing!

I've been reading with interest all that I have missed. There have been a lot of changes and as always it seems some are for the better and some are for the worse. It appears I'll be taking the Communications Officer role in the unit so lots of catching up and getting my quals back. I don't mind. This organization was one of the motivators for me to go into the AF and I have had lots of good experiences because of it.

I ask that you bear with some silly or "old School" questions as I learn all this again! Look forward to talking with many of you.

-Rich
Welcome (back) to TNWG, and particularly to the Communication side of things!

-Jeff
TNWG/DC

lordmonar

Welcome back.

So....which Combat Comm unit did you serve with?

FILO?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Combat_Comm

Thank you all. I will be in Group III TN-185 @ TEMA HQ. I served 1st CCSQ in Germany. FILO!!!! Jeff I'm Looking forward to have the opportunity to meet you as we go along. I know there have been changes since I have been gone. I've been reading the regs and watched the ICUT videos but there is always more to the story.

Lets see what can I tell you guys about me. I volunteer as the Weather Coordinator for La Vergne, TN. I'm the go between between the Mayors office and the National Weather Service. Our group (among other things) tracks weather coming into the city and relays warnings, radar updates, and other information to the city emergency services through a mutual aid frequency. In adition we provide forecasting services and weather watch for city events. I attached a picture of the weather center I built into the front of out trailer. I'm also the Vice President of the Middle Tennessee Chapter of the National Weather Association. I also do some work with disaster animal rescue and greyhound adoption. By trade I'm an electronics tech at Opryland Hotel.

Again thanks for the warm welcome!

[img https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/p206x206/734634_10152596611060401_1252571863_n.jpg][/img]
Richard Long, Capt., CAP
Commander
Tennessee Wing

Combat_Comm

..And we are out of the starting gate! Member number is in!! Already working through online training. Message sent requesting a meeting with Group DC and doing a myriad of other projects for the squadron!
Richard Long, Capt., CAP
Commander
Tennessee Wing

Simplex

Welcome back to CAP, and thank you for your service in the US Air Force!

JeffDG

Quote from: Combat_Comm on November 13, 2013, 06:53:02 AM
..And we are out of the starting gate! Member number is in!! Already working through online training. Message sent requesting a meeting with Group DC and doing a myriad of other projects for the squadron!
One item to note, your Group/DC is in the process of moving out of state...so they'll be looking at Group, and the Wing DC is trying desperately to find a replacement.

Combat_Comm

Thank you for the heads up.. I was trying to contact him with no luck and I know why now!
Richard Long, Capt., CAP
Commander
Tennessee Wing

JeffDG

Quote from: Combat_Comm on November 19, 2013, 07:40:15 AM
Thank you for the heads up.. I was trying to contact him with no luck and I know why now!
Group 3 has several members in the "Comm Team", have your commander touch base with Maj Rader to find out who you need to talk to for assistance.

Combat_Comm

Roger that sir! Thank you very much!
Richard Long, Capt., CAP
Commander
Tennessee Wing