Майор Хаткевич

I'm curious what shape these "NCSA Uniforms" are going to take in 39-1

NCRblues

Quote from: A.Member on August 16, 2013, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on August 16, 2013, 09:28:56 PM
Quote from: A.Member on August 16, 2013, 09:25:39 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 09:04:50 PM
Lord that's ugly.
Acutally, it's not bad provided members don't try to sew every patch they own it (BDUs can look every bit as much of a mess for this reason).   

Keep the front pockets clean (those are all optional patches) and the Wing patch is optional, so get your Wing King to forego it, then it looks pretty good.  A little surprised USAF didn't have a cow over the black boots, that was a point of contention early with ABUs - might have Airmen dressing like CAPers now.  ;)

The AF gave a waiver to airman in certain AFSC's that get dirty on a regular basis because the green boots hold in dirt and oil and all such of nasty stuff...
I know, that was my point.
Oops, my apologies..read you initial post wrong
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 16, 2013, 09:36:31 PM

Most likely the shorts / t-shirts / knit golf shirts they are already wearing.

No actual "change", just putting it in the reg to negate having to get annual waivers.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

My educated guess would be including the beret, ranger tab ext ext in the actually reg instead of an icl

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on August 16, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

My educated guess would be including the beret, ranger tab ext ext in the actually reg instead of an icl

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

NCRblues

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 09:44:24 PM

I'm sorry, did I anger you or...?

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on August 16, 2013, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 09:44:24 PM

I'm sorry, did I anger you or...?

I'm just super excited about the idea!!!

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

QuoteI'm diggin' the navy blue tapes, great idea guys.
This would be the best thing to happen to CAP field uniforms in years. 

DIE AQUAMARINE DIE!

a2capt

..and if it was not intended to be seen yet, showing it at the national conference, on the wall, is going about it the wrong way.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on August 16, 2013, 10:08:17 PM
..and if it was not intended to be seen yet, showing it at the national conference, on the wall, is going about it the wrong way.

Right?

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on August 16, 2013, 10:08:17 PM

It's called keeping the CSAG and the Wing Commanders informed on the status of the request.

a2capt

At the General Assembly. Okay. Gotcha.

NIN

Quote from: jeders on August 16, 2013, 09:35:50 PM
So a couple of thoughts. First, I'm diggin' the navy blue tapes, great idea guys. But please tell me that the BBDU will also have navy blue tapes.

Yes, the idea is to "homogenize" the name/branch tapes between the uniforms.

QuoteSecond, I'm a little confused by the way that email quote is written in regards to ABU setup. Does it mean the setup will be like the Air Force, meaning no patches other than tapes and specialty badges; or does it mean it will be set up the same as the current BDU? I'll wear the minimum number of patches anyway, but I'm just curious. I'd like to see it set up like the current air force uniform rules, no extraneous patches/hats/t-shirts/laces.

Sadly, no.  The CAP version of the ABU will be essentially worn more or less like BDUs: Its a different colored underpinning than woodland camouflage (and different nametapes/background color) but with most of the usual bling-bling remaining (badges, NCSA stuff, etc).

I swear, though, I'm gonna knifehand the first dude in an ascot.  No, seriously.

QuoteAs for the CAP shoulder patch, if they're going to make that a nationwide organizational patch for wear on the ABU to meet distinctiveness requirements, I'm cool with that. It's makes us distinctive and is actual heritage instead of the US flag.

You know, I hadn't seen that patch on the ABU photos before, and I think it looks pretty darn sporty. If EVERYBODY in the organization wore it, I'd be totally down with it.

QuoteAs for black boots, I'd like to see us match the Air Force more closely, but I'd also like to not have to spend $150 on new boots, although by now I need new boots anyway.

Don't disagree, but we need to think about cost. Shelling out $120-150 for special sage green boots is a little stupid when your $30 speedlacers that mom & dad already paid for will work fine.  I'm OK with that. (plus, that means I can still wear my jump boots! w00t)

I knew this was in the pipeline and when I got active again in April, I made the decision to *not* get a new set of BDUs because I knew that the way my luck ran, I'd get BDUs, get them all setup with insignia (and I don't fool around with crappy old uniforms) and I'd wear them once and at the end of the meeting the commander would announce "Oh, by the way, ABUs have been approved for wear starting 1 October..." (this is totally how things happen to me)

So instead, I've bought a complete set of ABUs.

I'm just waiting on the insignia availability now.  Yay.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Archer

Quote from: NIN on August 16, 2013, 11:55:13 PM
I knew this was in the pipeline and when I got active again in April, I made the decision to *not* get a new set of BDUs because I knew that the way my luck ran, I'd get BDUs, get them all setup with insignia (and I don't fool around with crappy old uniforms) and I'd wear them once and at the end of the meeting the commander would announce "Oh, by the way, ABUs have been approved for wear starting 1 October..." (this is totally how things happen to me)

So instead, I've bought a complete set of ABUs.

I'm just waiting on the insignia availability now.  Yay.

And the Lord said unto thee:
"Phaaaaaaaase-iiiin periooooooood."

Майор Хаткевич

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Archer on August 16, 2013, 11:59:28 PM
And the Lord said unto thee:
"Phaaaaaaaase-iiiin periooooooood."

Pfft. When BDUs were first announced, EVERYBODY whined loudly about how it was going to look like crap with mixed formations of cadets in BDUs and pickle suits during the phase in period. "Two years of that!"

And it was like someone threw a switch at encampment that year: I think we had two cadets in pickle suits and EVERYBODY ELSE was in BDUs.  Like POW right now.

I've always been an early adopter, too :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич