Main Menu

Am I right?

Started by ranger1716, April 01, 2005, 06:08:39 PM

ranger1716

I just wanted to check and make sure I had this straight. For the ground team basic badge, you must be completely qualified as a GTM3 before wearing it? (I'm a GTM3* with everything signed off just waiting for my missions)

Mac

You must be fully qualified as a GTM3, that means it must be on your CAPF 101. Once you are a GTM3, then you can do your 2A and request your Ground Team Badge.

Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

pixelwonk

Quote from: ranger1716 on April 01, 2005, 06:08:39 PM
I just wanted to check and make sure I had this straight. For the ground team basic badge, you must be completely qualified as a GTM3 before wearing it? (I'm a GTM3* with everything signed off just waiting for my missions)

The missions are part of your training.  When you have those completed/documented, and the requisite paperwork is filled out you're entitled to wear the badge.

Greg

Quote from: ranger1716 on April 01, 2005, 06:08:39 PM

On your online 101 card, if it shows up as:

*GTM3

then you're still trainee status and can't wear the badge yet.  Gotta wait until the asterick goes away....
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Eclipse

I believe NESA grads can wear them immediately, even if they don't have their First Aid done.

Still needs 2a approval, though.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on November 23, 2005, 10:26:50 PM
I believe NESA grads can wear them immediately, even if they don't have their First Aid done.

Still needs 2a approval, though.

If they haven't completed all the requirements, why can they wear them?

Eclipse

That's the reg - not excited about it myself, but what are you going to do.

Reg says a GT grad of NESA can wear it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Mac

Actually CAPR 35-6 states the following;

Quote from: CAPR 35-6 para 4.a4. Requirements for Award of the Ground Team Badges:
a. Basic Ground Team Badge:

1) Be qualified as a CAP ground team member in accordance with the CAP 60-series regulations or
2) Graduate from the CAP National Ground Search and Rescue School Basic Course or equivalent program as determined by NHQ CAP/DO and certified by the school/activity director. Each wing and region is encouraged to host ground team schools with the intent of certifying their members. All schools must ensure trainees meet the current regulatory requirements for qualification in the specialty before the rating is awarded.

last time I checked NGSAR no longer exists, it was replaced by NESA. Now if national has determined to call NESA an equivalent program then yes you should be able to wear it.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Horn229

NGSAR still exists. It is one of the 7 schools inside the National Emergency Services Academy.
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Eclipse

Sorry, yes - a fine point, but many of us my way tend to throw around the terms "NGSAR" & "NESA" like they were interchangeable, even when discussing aircrew schools.

"That Others May Zoom"