The old corporate uniform

Started by okeecap, November 16, 2012, 12:46:15 AM

okeecap

Does anyone know why the powers that be got rid of the blue pant and white shirt combo.  That thing looked sharp of course the khakis of the 40 50 and 60 did too.  But that was a question we all at my squadron sat and asked our selves.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MSgt Van

Майор Хаткевич

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

FW

ELTHunter

Because it was an attempt by a former National Commander who's name shall not be spoken, to adopt a Corporate uniform that looked almost identical to an USAF uniform. The Air Force thought it looked too much like the real thing with the blue epaulets and all, and made CAP phase it out. At least that was my impression.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Walkman

Best uniform thread response yet!

Eclipse

Quote from: ELTHunter on November 16, 2012, 01:22:21 PMThe Air Force thought it looked too much like the real thing with the blue epaulets and all, and made CAP phase it out. At least that was my impression.

Cite please.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Can't be cited, as per that comment is attributed to the posters' impression.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on November 16, 2012, 04:29:11 PM
Can't be cited, as per that comment is attributed to the posters' impression.

Yep. Perhaps Snopes could investigate.

"That Others May Zoom"

ColonelJack

Quote from: ELTHunter on November 16, 2012, 01:22:21 PM
Because it was an attempt by a former National Commander who's name shall not be spoken, to adopt a Corporate uniform that looked almost identical to an USAF uniform. The Air Force thought it looked too much like the real thing with the blue epaulets and all, and made CAP phase it out. At least that was my impression.

Um...not quite.  Aaccording to all available sources, the Air Force had no real issue with the Corporate Service Uniform, once the U.S. cutouts on the lapel were replaced with CAP cutouts.  It was the National Executive Committee which killed the CSU, following the showing-to-the-door of He Who Shall Remain Nameless.  Why they did so remains a puzzle to many (includingme - I liked the darn thing), but Big Blue was not the reason the CSU went bye-bye.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

SARDOC

I never purchased the CSU because it was already in the phase out process when I rejoined, but I think this uniform solved a number of issues.  It looked professional, recognized our Air Force heritage yet was distinctive enough that we were not confused for Air Force and it was truly a uniform and everyone could wear it.

I'm not sure as I haven't dug through some of the recent changes to the bylaws and such to see if there was a mechanism for members to vote or have any kind of influence on bringing it back.