Testing Officers Bone Up on Drill!!

Started by Brad, October 25, 2012, 05:15:34 PM

Brad

Well it seems a revised CAPR 50-4 has been released, and in addition to renaming the job from "Test Control Officer (TCO)" to "Testing Officer (TO)", there is also this gem:

Quote from: CAPR 50-4 section 2.4 para. a line 7(7) Cadets may assist TOs in administering drill and ceremonies performance tests. However, only the TO will evaluate the various tasks as pass or fail.

Yes you can have the cadets there to assist, but it ultimately falls on you the TO to make the final evaluation. You can't evaluate what you don't know.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

RogueLeader

Yup.

Always handy to have a copy of D&C.

Better to know it.  I feel that any instructor/evaluator should know the material as well.  That goes for leadership, aerospace, etc.  PT you should know HOW to do the exercises- not necessarily be able to DO them. example, you should know that a proper push goes to arms are at a 90 degree and not beating chest on the ground, or partially down.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Cool Mace

You can't teach/grade what you don't know.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Майор Хаткевич

That's been on the books for two years now. A lot of units do not know of this however. Personally I love the fact that the l2l curriculum added drill as part of progression. Everyone knows facing movements, columns, flanks and to the rear, but beyond that most cadets are clueless.

Майор Хаткевич

Jeez, I didn't mean to kill the discussion guys...

RogueLeader

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 26, 2012, 06:34:10 PM
Jeez, I didn't mean to kill the discussion guys...

What else is there to add?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

Quote from: Brad on October 25, 2012, 05:15:34 PM
Well it seems a revised CAPR 50-4 has been released, and in addition to renaming the job from "Test Control Officer (TCO)" to "Testing Officer (TO)", there is also this gem:

Quote from: CAPR 50-4 section 2.4 para. a line 7(7) Cadets may assist TOs in administering drill and ceremonies performance tests. However, only the TO will evaluate the various tasks as pass or fail.

Yes you can have the cadets there to assist, but it ultimately falls on you the TO to make the final evaluation. You can't evaluate what you don't know.
That is the way it has always been in my reading of the regs.....YMMV.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Dracosbane

As a former cadet, and working with a group of senior members that all but another and I were never cadets, I make it a point to give them all a crash course in D&C.  I don't expect them to be out doing it along with the cadets, but they need to know if they are going to work with the cadets at any time.

Another reason I do it is so that they can not trip all over themselves when they get awards or promotions.

Майор Хаткевич

Garibaldi

Quote from: Dracosbane on October 27, 2012, 03:18:35 AM
As a former cadet, and working with a group of senior members that all but another and I were never cadets, I make it a point to give them all a crash course in D&C.  I don't expect them to be out doing it along with the cadets, but they need to know if they are going to work with the cadets at any time.

Another reason I do it is so that they can not trip all over themselves when they get awards or promotions.

I try to have a very small senior drill class every quarter, covering reporting, standing in formation, and falling out, because mainly that's all we do drill-wise in our unit as seniors.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things