how to get a crease in BDU pants

Started by CadetColonelToBe, July 18, 2012, 02:50:39 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 07, 2012, 10:56:46 PM
Ok, but in regards to the "cool factor", I believe many people like camo and the tiger stripes, etc. due to their believing it is cool.  That is why so many civilians who never were military can be seen wearing it.  Personally, I don't think camo is all that cool and I think that the BDUs look sloppy on 90%+ of the people who wear them.  Just my opinion for the little it is worth.

I do agree that this subject has been beaten to death but when I see people rejecting the idea of someone wearing a flight suit except when they are flying but advocate wearing a camouflaged field uniform to indoor meetings, I must laugh.  To me it is silly.

It's not silly.

BTW, have you ever served in the military?

It's a utility uniform, not a field uniform. There are thousands of people who wear the various camo uniforms on their jobs who never see the field. It's the equivalent of the working clothes civilians wear on their jobs.

WIWOAD, I wore a dress uniform about once a month, when I had the duty, and not always then, depending what my watch was. The rest of the time, I wore a working uniform, which is currently the USN NWU. It's camo, too, but for a different reason. Probably half the guys who wear the NWU don't really need the camo/working aspects of it, but, for uniformity, the whole work center wears it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Critical AOA

Yes. Three years in the US Army wearing BDUs which stands for Battle Dress Uniform. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

im_not_a_sir

my pants get shiny when i starch them, they also get what looks like dandruff on them, which is easily wiped off with your hand, but still annoying.  How do i fix this?

does this happen to anyone else?

jeders

Quote from: im_not_a_sir on August 22, 2012, 04:14:56 PM
my pants get shiny when i starch them, they also get what looks like dandruff on them, which is easily wiped off with your hand, but still annoying.  How do i fix this?

does this happen to anyone else?

Use less starch. That "dandruff" is excess starch. Remember, the BDU is a utility uniform, not a parade uniform. They do not have to stand up on their own.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

dogboy

When I was in the Marine Corps, creases in utilities (the BDUs of the day) were the sure mark of a REMF.

a2capt

Quote from: dogboy on August 27, 2012, 11:05:49 PMWhen I was in the Marine Corps, creases in utilities (the BDUs of the day) were the sure mark of a REMF.
... and might not be a proper message to be conveying on this venue..

Shawn W.

I don't use any starch at all when I iron my BDUs and my crease come out just fine. Yes.. maybe I am a little A.R. in my ways.. But I like to show pride in my Uniform and in my Squadron.