Main Menu

Exchange stores

Started by ZombieButter, July 15, 2012, 02:08:21 AM

AngelWings

Quote from: Brad on July 15, 2012, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: spacecommand on July 15, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
If I recall correctly, the short-sleeve light blue shirt is exactly (or almost exactly) the same as the Air Force light blue short sleeve shirt.  However the trousers are a slightly different shade of blue, though one cannot really tell unless wearing a a service coat on top.

Check your 39-1, they ARE the same shirt, as AngelWings said. I bought mine at Shaw AFB for example.

As for the trousers, the slightly different shade is because there are two different authorized shades, 1620 and 1625. For the service uniforms, i.e. no coat, you are authorized to wear both. When wearing service dress though, and their siblings mess dress and cadet semiformal, the shade on the pants has to match the shade on the coat...which is usually 1620.
He was talking about US Coast Guard light blue shirt and trousers. I meet on a joint ANG, ARNG, and USCG base that has only a CGX on it. The USCG uses the same shirts as the USAF. Their blue service dress is a near clone of ours.

spacecommand

Quote from: Brad on July 15, 2012, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: spacecommand on July 15, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
If I recall correctly, the short-sleeve light blue shirt is exactly (or almost exactly) the same as the Air Force light blue short sleeve shirt.  However the trousers are a slightly different shade of blue, though one cannot really tell unless wearing a a service coat on top.

Check your 39-1, they ARE the same shirt, as AngelWings said. I bought mine at Shaw AFB for example.

As for the trousers, the slightly different shade is because there are two different authorized shades, 1620 and 1625. For the service uniforms, i.e. no coat, you are authorized to wear both. When wearing service dress though, and their siblings mess dress and cadet semiformal, the shade on the pants has to match the shade on the coat...which is usually 1620.

Well 39-1 says NOTHING about Coast Guard uniforms, so I can't really check it, nor would I care since I am not in the coast guard or coast guard auxiliary.  I was just noting to another member to watch out in case they plan on buying uniform for CAP from the coast guard.

Brad

Apologies, I skimmed over the post you were replying to ref USCG uniforms.

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN